Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on headsets!!!??

kap
    In 10 years have never sat in the channel (drive through to see the hardware and G-strings!) !!! Love driving....we do Mead and Powell often; wife hates the channel......we figure if we want traffic and carbon monoxide, we can sit on the 405 in our AMG!!!! Same sh*t!
    Hello new2cats:
    Thanks for the comps on the Sportdeck. If your gonna boat on Mead and Powell you will definitely want them as the cruising lasts a long time versus the lower Colorado/River areas.
    We love Mead and I cannot imagine cruising out from Calville bay all the way through the narrows and north east without being able to talk to people on board. FYI---We have 4 headsets Driv., Co-pilot, two passengers on rear seat.
    Patyacht---would be someone I would be talking to as a source of info---he's running the boat-----PM him and ask questions to see if you will want them. If your gonna get that kind of boat I honestly cannot see a reason not to have that option.
    Our PCI race radios with 4 Carbon Fiber Headsets costs $1,500 add a two way radio VHF and the price goes up. David Clark and the rest of the headset vendors IMO are overpriced---great company but as a consumer I feel the pricing is not in touch with reality---- it's a friggin intercom.
    Very truly yours,
    KAP
    P.S. Post some photos of your F-29 so I know who and what to look for at Mead .

kap
    Get them, and then dont wave to anyone. Just an observation lately on the river.
    You bring up a good point it's not that people don't want to wave but when the boat is hauling azz it is not prudent to let go of the wheel or throttle and wave.
    The passengers usually do but as the driver when your taking care of business you better focus on driving the boat. I'm sure you will agree with this rationale. If they are just cruising around then yes by all means common boating courtesy rules apply.
    Respectfully,
    KAP

new2cats
    Thanks Kap.....I will talk to the guys at DCB about it....really want to hear the tunes too!
    I will go down to El Cajon in about 2 weeks to take pix of her being "popped" from the mold.
    Another classy, muted tone boat like my 28' Howard Bullet named "Color Blind"...I like my boats to look like fine watches, not circus wagons.....you did a great job keepin' it classy, classic, sporty and bitchin'!

ClownRoyal
    They are nice to have for poker runs. Other then that I never use them. I would rather hear the sound of the engines.

XFactor
    They are nice to have for poker runs. Other then that I never use them. I would rather hear the sound of the engines.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    I am not a dick.....just play one on TV!
    No, but I did stay at Holiday Inn last night.
    KAP, if the sticks are buried, agreed no time for a wave.

SWOOP!
    They are worth every penny!! Hooking your ipod up to them is bitchen!

cougarcat
    Have a set from Revolution Marine. 4 place, boom mics(not much luck with the throat mics), stereo wired in, as well as the factory warning systems on the Merc's. Love them..............especially useful in early March and late Oct./Nov. when it's a little cold.
    CC

mbrown2
    I would get them....I like Xfactor like engine noise....but every once in a while it would nice to put on the headsets and be able to have a conversation with the spouse or friend while making an 80mph plus run from the Springs to Havi or vice versa...

BoatFloating
    I think they have purpose but on busy weekends no way. It's like driving a car with head phones on a no no.... You need to hear things around you then. I like the picture of Charley going thru channel with them on. Uh explain that to me? Stereo not loud enough or was it BALCKSOCKS1 Over!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast