Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rpm cranks bad or good?

94 TPR
    Rpm cranks bad or good? are they the same as eagle, and scat?

IMPATIENT 1
    by the response, i'm gonna say no go with a scat or eagle, have them checked and save yourself some grief if you plan on powering down on a crank.

curtis73
    They are an asian forging. From what I understand they aren't bad. I have one that I'm about to put in a 383. They claim that 750 hp isn't even testing them, so I figure my 400 hp will be a breeze for it.
    The claim on their website that they have never had a single one returned for failure. That's a pretty lofty claim.

Blueoval
    Rpm cranks bad or good? are they the same as eagle, and scat?
    I don't know what your plans are for this crank (RPM)? Please save yourself the trouble and purchase a crank that is well known!!!! Scat, Crower,
    L.A. Enterprises etc... RPM is on e-bay and cheap for a reason, CHEAP CHINA CRAP!!! I know some people will purchase them thinking they saved some money? When their on the lake buzzing around having a good old time, then the crank lets go!! WOW now they have to spend double the money to repair everything and purchase a real crank!!
    cheers

Placecraft Dragstar
    When it comes to buying engine parts, most of the time when you are trying to save a few $$$$ most of the time will cost you double or more in the long run. Stick to good quality parts you wiwll be better off in the long run.

Heatseeker
    When it comes to buying engine parts, most of the time when you are trying to save a few $$$$ most of the time will cost you double or more in the long run. Stick to good quality parts you wiwll be better off in the long run.
    I agree 100%. I talked to several people when I was building my heap and was repeatedly advised against trying to save money on critical parts. I went with a Callie's Dragonslayer (when they were still American forgings). Haven't had a bit of trouble in 4 seasons as a result.
    The best piece of advice I got was "only cry once". Several people offered up that little tidbit of wisdom. Words to live by...

RPM, Exemployee of CAT. Taiwan National with very wealthy family. Cranks come from China 100% machined. It is a crap shoot whether you get a good one or a bad one.

cfm
    I guess that is why I have never heard of them. I stay away from E-Fraud.
    The home of very positive feedback posted by individuals opening the box for the first time long before they go and use it.
    "Delivered on time. Parts look great. I can't wait to use it. A++++++++seller."
    Give me a fuggin break.

Placecraft Dragstar
    I agree 100%.
    The best piece of advice I got was "only cry once". Several people offered up that little tidbit of wisdom. Words to live by...
    That is the truth, only cry once!!! so what if it takes a few more months to save a little more it will be worth it in the long run!!!

steelcomp
    I'm on my third crank for a 489 build, and have learned a ton through this experience. IMO, if you;re going import, the Scat stuff will be your best buy. Next will be Eagle, and below that, it's your choice. (Probe, Cat, RPM, etc) Most of these cranks will work, and probably not break, but if you pay close attention to the details, like the machining on the radii (which is where all the strength is) you'll see there are some major differences. I've also heard that there are differences AFA counter weight placement, and that Eagle cranks can be a little more difficult to balance as a result. Scat stuff is more closely inspected and regulated AFA what goes out the door than any of the others, and just seems to be consistantly a nicer product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast