Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If You Don't Believe in Global Warming...

78Eliminator
    To those who are truly concerned about Global Warming, I offer one valid suggestion: Stop Breeding.

delemorte
    To those who are truly concerned about Global Warming, I offer one valid suggestion: Stop Breeding.
    Does that cause toxic gasses?

78Eliminator
    Does that cause toxic gasses? Humans? Yes, they do. There are 9 billion on the planet. Supposed to be 15 billion by 2014. Might be a good idea to cut down on the population to make it a more pleasant place to live, and have a little elbow room.
    Or we can just have another large scale war. Whatever.

WYRD
    Does that cause toxic gasses?
    Only if your putting it in the wrong hole

RT21
    i think the reason people freak is that they try to make global warming a political issue. It is not its a human issue.
    No legit scientist on this planet disagrees with global warming (Legit being the key word). and i dont think any of them disagree with the earth going thru cycles of hot and cold.
    However the trend they are seing with CO2 and other greenhouse gases is troubleing as we know what too much C02 and other gases will do to a planet.. Look at venus in case you dont know.
    What their point is that humans are a major contrubuting factor in these gases and its doing no good. and that if not careful we will do great harm to our own planet. Not in my life time not in yours but later down the road leaving this mess with my childrens children.
    So why not do something now and support plans to cut green house gasses? Why is it such a hard thing to grasp. If we do nothing and are wrong then we are screwed. If we do something and help the situation we spend some money and have a more groovy place to live later in life. So make a choice but dont pretend it aint happening, even the administration acknowledges it now.
    go ahead and call me a liberal bitch now...
    I love the "what do we have to lose?" argument. Judging by the people shoving this down our throat (liberal bitches), I would say we have a lot to lose. Namely, MONEY. And lots of it. Not to mention all the personal freedoms we stand to lose. Motorsports of all kind will be a thing of the past. Just get in your econo-box and go to work and back home, sucker. Dont give these people an inch. F-em all.

delemorte
    I love the "what do we have to lose?" argument. Judging by the people shoving this down our throat (liberal bitches), I would say we have a lot to lose. Namely, MONEY. And lots of it. Not to mention all the personal freedoms we stand to lose. Motorsports of all kind will be a thing of the past. Just get in your econo-box and go to work and back home, sucker. Dont give these people an inch. F-em all.
    Ill take one of these econo boxes any day my freind. 100% torque on demand 100% of the time thru the entire RPM range... Hell YEA!!!
    http://www.teslamotors.com/
    And agian this is not a political issue its a humanity issue. and having money when the air is toxic wont do any good. Investment now insures a better future for our children.
    Im down for mandatory birth control No need to have 16 flippin kids man. Do it like China.

R.A.D.man
    Melting glaciers reveal ancient tree stumps (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../posts?page=65)
    I wonder how the hell those trees grew in that ice 7000 years ago :idea:

delemorte
    Melting glaciers reveal ancient tree stumps (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../posts?page=65)
    The trees pre date the glacier... contrary to the bible the earth is more than 5000 years old.

delemorte
    From your own article.
    The radiocarbon dates seem to be the same around the world, according to Koch. There have been many advances and retreats of these glaciers over the past 7,000 years, but no retreats that have pushed them back so far upstream as to expose these trees.
    "It seems like an unprecedented change in a short amount of time," Koch said. "From this work and many other studies looking at forcings of the climate system, one has to turn away from natural ones alone to explain this dramatic change of the past 150 years."
    Very telling isnt it??

R.A.D.man
    From your own article.
    The radiocarbon dates seem to be the same around the world, according to Koch. There have been many advances and retreats of these glaciers over the past 7,000 years, but no retreats that have pushed them back so far upstream as to expose these trees.
    "It seems like an unprecedented change in a short amount of time," Koch said. "From this work and many other studies looking at forcings of the climate system, one has to turn away from natural ones alone to explain this dramatic change of the past 150 years."
    Very telling isnt it??
    Yes, the "it seems like" part is the most telling to me especially if one uses science as a base for ones argument. He has no way of knowing if its precedented, unprecedented or what the fock. That was my favorite part.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast