Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Prices

KineticoH20
    Now that winter is upon us and lots of people are contimplating winter mods to thier boats. I have been wondering why after market engines have to cost 25k to 35 for a 600hp EFI engine. I know builders need to make money but when someone says they have 30k into a 600hp engine it makes me say hmmmm. Is there nobody that makes a decent 600hp engine for under 20k? I would love to hear others thought on the matter. I called Pfaff today and was quoted 30k for the 600efi not installed without tax:jawdrop:

Moneypitt
    Now that winter is upon us and lots of people are contimplating winter mods to thier boats. I have been wondering why after market engines have to cost 25k to 35 for a 600hp EFI engine. I know builders need to make money but when someone says they have 30k into a 600hp engine it makes me say hmmmm. Is there nobody that makes a decent 600hp engine for under 20k? I would love to hear others thought on the matter. I called Pfaff today and was quoted 30k for the 600efi not installed without tax:jawdrop:
    My thoughts on the matter?
    You can pay it now, or pay it later......Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go????......... Build it yourself or stay on the beach............You can learn an awful lot for 30K.............Build it right or build it again...........If it was easy, everyone would be doing it..........Real ***boats don't have hatches.................OR tribal flames.....Enough thoughts?..............MP

WishIknew
    Check this guy out Obnoxious001 on the boards !!!!!!!!!!

Havasu1986
    Real ***boats don't have hatches.................OR tribal flames.....Enough thoughts?..............MP
    But chicks don't dig those type of boats.

scooooter7
    :idea: It's real simple, call a Teague, Pfaff, Brummett, Peto, Sterling, Zul, Boostpower, GT and ask what brand components they use for block, heads, crank, rods, pistons, intake, carb, ignition, gaskets, bearings, balancer, exhaust for your 600hp motor, then go price those items from your favorite source, once you have those numbers, then you need to figure in all the machining & balancing & build time & dyno time they put into those engine packages and you'll find that you won't get one done for any less than 20-25k, minimum !! try it you'll see.:idea:
    Then contact Obnoxious001 on the boards. He'll do you fair and square. And he's right up the street from you.

TOBTEK
    I know where you can get a fresh $ 60,000.00 ++ GT 588ci EFI quad rotor motor WITH 6,000.00 Stelling headers, and a set of tail pipes for just a tat over 30K

Moneypitt
    But chicks don't dig those type of boats.
    Can't argue with the truth.. ........ But do chicks dig the owners of those boats, or their money?:idea: ................
    And the part about prices for the componants is dead on........Unfortunatly, it takes a certain amount of experience and skill to make a box of parts into an engine, and a great deal of skill to make them live........Look at all the flaming threads about equipment failures, expensive equipment failures.........MP

WishIknew
    Then contact Obnoxious001 on the boards. He'll do you fair and square. And he's right up the street from you.
    And you dont have to pay for a new tilt up with a freeway view

finsfan4life
    On top of that, I am sure u all heard new engines are increasing 2 to 3k in prices due to the new catylatic converter requirements...

WishIknew
    On top of that, I am sure u all heard new engines are increasing 2 to 3k in prices due to the new catylatic converter requirements...
    Is that on new only???????

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast