Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Headed To the Dyno

Nucking futs
    Its too bad that motor isn't going in the cruiser. Pretty similar #'s... Would be a good race . Ill bet you like that A. Im turning an A 5800 right now, its gonna take nitrous or a tunnel ram for me to turn it any harder.
    Edit: CONGRATS!
    Yours peaked about 600 more rpm and 30 hp than mine, So what is your # @ 5800? Maybe go with an AB and see if you like it. My cruiser motor picked up 500 rpm when I switched to the AB, just drank the fuel.
    Thanks. It was fun.

IMPATIENT 1
    CONGRATS TIM!:devil: :devil:
    what do you mean by low compression/ how much lift? i'm building a decent 13 to 1 505 and trying to get 800hp outta it, then spray the hell outta it i'm kicking myself not building a 540 but i wanted to stay with standard decks since they're still so plentiful, even though i had a tall deck already bored 100 over.

BrendellaJet
    Yours peaked about 600 more rpm and 30 hp than mine, So what is your # @ 5800? Maybe go with an AB and see if you like it. My cruiser motor picked up 500 rpm when I switched to the AB, just drank the fuel.
    Thanks. It was fun.
    I peaked at 6800, 825hp. At 6200 Im a tick over 800. No point in running it that hard for that little increase. At 5800 Im at 776 which is inline with what Jack has seen with others running the Heritage impeller. Problem is I had the motor in the little boat first. That thing F'ing flew with my motor in it. I want that acceration but in the big boat. A 250 shot should cure that. If not Ill add a second stage with another hundred shot

Sleeper CP
    I peaked at 6800, 825hp. At 6200 Im a tick over 800. No point in running it that hard for that little increase. At 5800 Im at 776 which is inline with what Jack has seen with others running the Heritage impeller. Problem is I had the motor in the little boat first. That thing F'ing flew with my motor in it. I want that acceration but in the big boat. A 250 shot should cure that. If not Ill add a second stage with another hundred shot
    Those are corrected numbers? I guess, what were the observed numbers?
    Sleeper CP

Tim,
    That's great!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the powerband numbers. How was the throttle response?

Nucking futs
    what do you mean by low compression/ how much lift? i'm building a decent 13 to 1 505 and trying to get 800hp outta it, then spray the hell outta it i'm kicking myself not building a 540 but i wanted to stay with standard decks since they're still so plentiful, even though i had a tall deck already bored 100 over.
    Im running 10.2-1 compression ans its a 9.8 standard deck hight.
    The cam lift is in the 700's

Nucking futs
    Tim,
    That's great!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the powerband numbers. How was the throttle response?
    Just plain sick, where ever you were it hit hard. I need to switch out the squirters to about a 40 but other than that everything is dialed and ready to go.

Just plain sick, where ever you were it hit hard. I need to switch out the squirters to about a 40 but other than that everything is dialed and ready to go.
    Ha, Ha, all jacked up and couldnt sleep 5AM congrads on the numbers

Widetrack
    That is good numbers!
    I built a 505 last year pro action 320 heads 720 lift cam 1050 dom. carb 13to1 made 811 hp with cam set up could of made more with better cam! Vac.pump added 33 HP and no leaks!

IMPATIENT 1
    so are you guys just pulling vaccuum at the v/covers then using a relief valve to regulate hg pressure or just hooking up a vaccum pump and letting it pull what it wants? i've been runnin a puke tank set-up, i like it, but its just something else to have to drain