Okay I know that jacuzzi is not the pump of choice. Does anyone have any experience with the energizer kit for yj pumps. I have a stainless impeller with bronze wear ring now. I think the impeller is B cut. Shimmed the pump to bring clearance between impeller and wear ring down to .003 (per Mike Ward of Mikes pump and speed in Houston suggestion) and added a loader grate. That made a huge difference in performance. Now the pump loads hard and max rpm is around 5000. My real question is what kind of gains can I expect from this energizer kit? They claim 20% but I don't know. I have a 19' bubble deck that weighs in at a hefty 1600lbs without motor. I have no idea about top speed now. I plan to buy gps monitor this summer. From what I hear speedo's are optimistic at best. Anyhow I have a 460 with d3ve-a2a heads with a huge cam. mallory dist. msd ignition. fixing to step up to performer rpm intake with holley 830 dp. I'm guessing motor makes around 400 ponies now. after intake and carb and headers hoping to make 450. Will the energizer really help or should I stick with the ole hot tub pump? I have had the boat for three years and have done nothing to pump but grease it. Anyone with insite on this bastard yj pump please post.
Thanks,
Kris