Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JACUZZI ENERGIZER

hickz3
    I got a YJ too. I am considering an Energizer kit too. Boats at body shop I figure I gotta take the pump out to paint it, I might as well check it out while it's out. Problem is I haven't had it in the water yet so I'm not too sure how well it performed before. Let me know what you do and how it works out for you.
    Hickz3

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    After 3 years of research this is what I have found. If you are using your boat for a all around ski/family boat and economy is a big deal to you. Stay with the jacuzzi. If you want to haul ass and spray the bottom of bridges. Invest in the kit. Basically a jacuzzi is a high volume/low pressure pump and a berk is a high pressure pump. It really depends on what you plan to do with the boat. I am happy with mine for now, but when it comes rebuild time I will definitely buy the kit. The impellor fab work for my pump is 600 alone (stainless) so it would probably be cheaper for me to buy the kit anyhow. Jacuzzi parts are very very expensive. So if your pump needs a rebuild go for the kit. If it'll make another couple of seasons, hey that's on you.

JESSE
    i have the kit on my golden eagle with the turbin trim like a (place deverter)and i like it nice roost but it was on thire when i got the boat so i don't know if it makes a big diffrence.

JESSE
    [ April 07, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: JESSE ]

Frosty_pop
    Well I am not any kind of expert on pumps, but I have a Jacuzzi WJ and have had it apart many times. (trying new things and getting rocks out) I was thinking of doing the energizer kits to it, but a guy at the jet shop here in San Diego told me not to waste my money. He said that it was already a mixed flow jet. I sent my spare impellor to North Americain Marine Jet, http://marinejet.com they cut it from a B to a C. Testing this weekend. Anyway, That is the place to get your Jacuzzi new parts. Talk to Jason in Parts. He can help you decide. For used jacuzzi parts call Tom at Jet Boat Performace http://jetboatperformance.com/
    [ April 08, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Frosty_pop ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123