Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unbelievable

v-drive
    My Boss bought a cadillac escalade for his wife in 03. in 05 they walked out one morning to find it stolen but he thought what the heck it has onstar so not a problem. They found it 3 days later in los angeles in the beginning stages of being stripped. They got it back and put it in the shop to fix and replace what had been taken or damaged, while in the shop onstar called and said they were sorry but they hadn't found the car yet. 2 months later it was stolen again and never found, until the day before yesterday when fountain valley pd called and said they had found his car... In Chicago
    v-drive

ratso
    If mine was stolen and stripped, I wouldn't want it back...:idea:

v-drive
    In Chicago it wasn't stripped They broke a mirror off and had the wheels off in LA when they found it

ratso
    In Chicago it wasn't stripped They broke a mirror off and had the wheels off in LA when they found it
    What are they doing? Leaving the keys in it?
    People think I'm anal because I don't care where my truck is parked, anywhere anytime, the keys are out and the doors locked.

ratso
    Wow... amazing what you can find out on the internet.:jawdrop:
    The highest theft claim rate overall...
    http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....d=2891&src=Ins

Big Warlock
    My Boss bought a cadillac escalade for his wife in 03. in 05 they walked out one morning to find it stolen but he thought what the heck it has onstar so not a problem. They found it 3 days later in los angeles in the beginning stages of being stripped. They got it back and put it in the shop to fix and replace what had been taken or damaged, while in the shop onstar called and said they were sorry but they hadn't found the car yet. 2 months later it was stolen again and never found, until the day before yesterday when fountain valley pd called and said they had found his car... In Chicago
    v-drive
    Sorry, you lost me. The vehicle was found in Los Angeles, then placed in a shop for repairs and then stolen again from the shop? That part with ho it got from the shop, then not found(???) then stolen again lost me.

boat boy
    I agree with ratso, and my experience was in 03'...while on a 3 day tuna trip out of San Diego, someone borrowed my F-250 CC desiel 4X4 with shell, took it into Mexico and brought up 18 illegals. Trashed it going through the desert, to the point where the entire bed had to be replaced, not to mention the sides and doors. Got into a high speed pursuit with CHP's & Border Patrol between Indio and Desert Ctr...around DC they threw out the spike stripe and blew out the tires.....somehow the truck stayed upright (too bad)...bottom line is, got the truck back and it's not been the same since...its a great truck but just don't want that one.

v-drive
    I agree with ratso, and my experience was in 03'...while on a 3 day tuna trip out of San Diego, someone borrowed my F-250 CC desiel 4X4 with shell, took it into Mexico and brought up 18 illegals. Trashed it going through the desert, to the point where the entire bed had to be replaced, not to mention the sides and doors. Got into a high speed pursuit with CHP's & Border Patrol between Indio and Desert Ctr...around DC they threw out the spike stripe and blew out the tires.....somehow the truck stayed upright (too bad)...bottom line is, got the truck back and it's not been the same since...its a great truck but just don't want that one.
    I wouldn't want it either nor does he. The first time it was taken it wasn't treated nearly as bad as your truck so he was forced to take it back. It sounds like your insurance company felt the same way.
    Sorry warlock. no it was not stolen from the shop but stollen from his driveway 2 months after the first time. It did sound funny after I re read it.
    Now, While in the shop Onstar called my boss and apologized for not being able to find his car.Here is a clue, onstar isn't all that good

thatguy
    I wouldn't want it either nor does he. The first time it was taken it wasn't treated nearly as bad as your truck so he was forced to take it back. It sounds like your insurance company felt the same way.
    Sorry warlock. no it was not stolen from the shop but stollen from his driveway 2 months after the first time. It did sound funny after I re read it.
    Now, While in the shop Onstar called my boss and apologized for not being able to find his car.Here is a clue, onstar isn't all that good
    Well, it isn't all that good, but it works even less when the thieves are "techs" at the dealership. Face it, the best stereo thief is the guy that installs it AND installs your alarm. The best Caddy thief is the guy that works on them AND has your address and possibly a way to negate the onstar locater.
    Funny how the calls come right after the vehicle is found each time.
    A video is worth a thousand words and answers questions instantly.
    I'd have that driveway camera'd and recorded. You know it is coming, video the bastards and then trade in for a new one when it is proven to be an inside job.
    Tommy

Cigalert
    And this is why the in-car PC with a camera system adapted to a wireless card will be the way of the future. Imagine if you could ID the chitbird driving your stolen vehicle or if you could watch your teenaged driver while they were in the car in real time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast