Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ***boat Attorneys and legal guru's HELP!!!

socaldieselkrew
    Okay guys i need some help. I have a customer who has failed to pay me for flying his plane for him. I flew 8 hours for him at $450 an hour and we agreed he would pay for my hotel room and give me $500 to stay the night so that they could depart at their leasure in the morning. To his credit he put me up and payed me the $500 spending cash. Upon returning he said he would call me that night because "he needed to get cash from home". Now after four weeks the guy wont answer my calls, email, text messages nothing. We never signed an actual contract but did make a verbal agreement and handshake with witness's their, so i sent him a bill in the mail about two weeks ago for $3600. I caught him slipping when i called from my girlfriend's phone and he was just rambling saying the checks in the mail today
    What can i do guys is it possible to put a Lien on his plane or something???
    Thanks guys
    Ahi

YeLLowBoaT
    I doubt you will be able to put a lein on his plane,( infact my guess is if your not lic by the FAA to be a pilot for hire, your the one thats going to get in trouble)
    My guess is if it goes to court its his word vs yours... with a side order of FAA.

acatitude
    I don't know about putting a lien on his plane, you didn't perform work on the plane, you performed a service for him directly. It's a pretty easy case for you, contract or not. You performed a service which obviously requires a specialized skill, like a DJ or a tattoo artist. Nobody would expect you to perform this service for free. Send him a certified letter (keep a copy) that he has until whatever date you decide to make good on his obligation, otherwise you will see him in small claims court. You have an open and shut case in court.
    what he said . certified letter with a payment expectation date. then small claims court

C-2
    You sure it’s his plane?
    Is he a repeat “customer” or somebody you flew around for 8 hours?

socaldieselkrew
    I doubt you will be able to put a lein on his plane,( infact my guess is if your not lic by the FAA to be a pilot for hire, your the one thats going to get in trouble)
    My guess is if it goes to court its his word vs yours... with a side order of FAA.
    well im a commercial pilot as well as a CFI CFII and MEI working on my ATP, everything on my end is legal.
    HMMM,
    Certified letter huh??? Payment obligation date, whats standard with that 30 days 60 days??? I could use the cash so can i ask for like 14days???

acatitude
    I"d state payment expected within 10 days of receipt of letter or small claims.
    ANd all this legal advice is only $1100 per response or I have to get to havi from sacramento next week..

C-2
    Start with the basics first - like, have you been scammed?
    You personally know this guy, or know anything about him?

socaldieselkrew
    One more question....
    Now according to all the paperwork and a tail# search the plane is registered to a corporation, im assuming that my client is of course part of this corporation i hope . Do I send anything to the owners of the aircraft??

YeLLowBoaT
    well im a commercial pilot as well as a CFI CFII and MEI working on my ATP, everything on my end is legal.
    HMMM,
    Certified letter huh??? Payment obligation date, whats standard with that 30 days 60 days??? I could use the cash so can i ask for like 14days???
    Thats good...I've heard some really horror storys form things like this( unlce owned repair biz for decades, mainly jets) Slight lasp ended up ending careers.
    Yeah send him certfied letter that he has to sign for( return address from a lawyers address would not hurt) 2 weeks would be fine. Always, get a contract... I've been skrewed by more people when I was doing them a "favor" then I care to remember.
    Who owns the corp? I'm sure thats another angle that if he chooses to play hard ball you could make his life hell

acatitude
    If there is a verbal agreement Yellowboat, Thats a contract.. And he has witnesses which I think are allowed in small claims and if not he can have them sign a notarized letter of what the agreement was.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast