Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Intake Pressure

canuck1
    So when you say you "canners" are more wiling to work outsde the box, I'm thinking you have to work more outside the box in order to get the performance we have inside the box, since you don't run much add-on hardware. I'm thinking that when runing a jet without a well dsigned loader and shoe combination it's more difficult to get the acceleration and speed you're looking for, and this sort of forces you to be more creative. It's great that we have you guys to share and compare with. Thanks.
    Actually it is because we don't have to run that stuff at the slow speeds that you run. If it doesn't cav at 85 with out a loader do I still need one? If you want acceleration jump in Bottom Feeders ride

FILUCKY
    If a light tunnel boat has a tendancy to chuck ya out at hi speeds on a sudden shut down or loss of power would this be most likely caused by too much intake pressure, and or shoe being to much below the keel? what is a fast but safe shoe depth below the keel? his is a new boat to me, '17 Earl Smith tunnel (275#) i have not run this boat yet but i'm a little worried about the safty since i've herd that the guy that owned it before me went swimming a few times against his will.

SmokinLowriderSS
    A lot of boats will do funky things when shut down too fast at higher speeds, and that speed varies by the hull design and how high the bow is carried :idea: IMO. V-hulls will tend to make a hard turn toward the driver if they are not a center driver (avarage lakeboat) if they hook a chine coming down too hard. They tend to drop to the heavy side and if it is driver only, there's the heavy side. A lot of the v-hulls develop this all the way down in the upper 70MPH range. I have no idea how much depends on intake pressure surge from wash-back. Just to let you know it isn't just tunnels. Best of luck and have a ton of fun with yours.

Just dragging this post back up cause there's some fascinating stuff in it and it shouldnt be lost in the weeds.
    Any updates from any of the gang following last season?

TIMINATOR
    Hotrod Sprint has been doing some inlet pressure testing, mebbie he'll share. TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    bump for a kick azz thread!!!!!!!!!

This is such good info, I wonder if it was continued on another forum? Thanks all for your time. SMac

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415