Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding Phoenix Performance

bubbletop409
    My vote for outstanding Phoenix performance goes to Tony Scarlata in the Canyon Boats TAF. On his first qualifying pass the boat launched, then went silent, coasting to the 1/8 mile lights. Tony got the engine restarted, launched from a dead stop, and ran 149 plus from the eighth mile clocks. One wonders what the speed would have been on a full pass?
    Finished runner up in TAF, and won the K race on Sunday afternoon with a nice inside pass on the last lap.
    Congrads JETBOATGURU, way to go!

mostly crue
    I think you might be mistaken, Skip Tuttle was driving the K-5 for Tony. Tony did a real fantastic job this last weekend, but give Skip his due. Tony is a true ironman, the wife and I went by to say "Hi" and Tony is still feeling the effects from Bakersfield. But let's not forget Dave Bryant doing the double duty with SS80 and K-69. I love the drag races,but the cirlce boats made it a show!
    Jeff

Skip Tuttle gets the most improved vote from me.

TonkaDriver
    I think you might be mistaken, Skip Tuttle was driving the K-5 for Tony. Tony did a real fantastic job this last weekend, but give Skip his due. Tony is a true ironman, the wife and I went by to say "Hi" and Tony is still feeling the effects from Bakersfield. But let's not forget Dave Bryant doing the double duty with SS80 and K-69. I love the drag races,but the cirlce boats made it a show!
    Jeff
    It would be an easy mistake since the announcers didn't know who was in K-5 on Saturday.

Lefty
    I was at the races and I'm still trying to figure out who was driving what. Had a great time at the races, that place is a great place to watch our sport. I think the story of the weekend was Toxic Rocket blowing an ear off the prop almost destroying the boat. Those guys working all night to get it back together and making the finals. I will agree with the circle boats are the most fun to watch. I was glad to see Toney was healing up well, it looks like he has a little ways to go though.

Moneypitt
    Skip Tuttle gets the most improved vote from me.
    Skip can drive anything, Like Bryant, Rankin(s), Kenner, Hernandez, Cucci, and a host of others, get them in the water and they'll do the rest......Always fun to watch a close race..........How about Stretch Jr.? James Gregory, jumped right in there for Danny.......These guys are all amazing.........MP

bubbletop409
    It would be an easy mistake since the announcers didn't know who was in K-5 on Saturday.
    I could swear I heard the announcer state Scarlata was driving on Sunday. In any event I was mainly refering to the 149mph pass from half track on Friday. And I would like to give Kudos to Mr. Tuttle for a great move on the last turn, and whole heartedly agree the Toxic Rocket crew did a great job repairing that boat after blowing off some underwater gear and sinking on Friday.

The announcer had it bass ackwards on Sunday final K boats.

WannabeRacing
    Easy to remember. Tony likes the capsules.
    http://www.buzzzmiller.com/i07tonydrag.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast