Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican takeover

Seadog
    The Mexican government is hiring lawyers to sue American landowners who report or capture illegal immigrants. These people have suffered from the trashing of their homes and properties by these people and the thief of their livestock. Now they are being sued by a foreign government to stop them from protecting their homes. Two land owners were accused of mistreating illegals, cleared by law enforcement who said nothing wrong happened. Then they get sued by these illegals and lose their homes in a court that gave them no choice in the matter. Now we cannot kick the illegals out because of the court case. And there are more court cases pending. I guess the Mexican government is taking over our country by an army of lawyers. I personally would like to declare war and send in the military to win this one. Let's see how briefcases fare against M16s.

lucky
    The Mexican government is hiring lawyers to sue American landowners who report or capture illegal immigrants. These people have suffered from the trashing of their homes and properties by these people and the thief of their livestock. Now they are being sued by a foreign government to stop them from protecting their homes. Two land owners were accused of mistreating illegals, cleared by law enforcement who said nothing wrong happened. Then they get sued by these illegals and lose their homes in a cvourt that gave them no choice in the matter. Now we cannot kick the illegals out because of the court case. And there are more court cases pending. I guess the Mexican government is taking over our country by an army of lawyers. I personally would like to declare war and send in the military to win this one. Let's see how briefcases fare against M16s.
    read your Trespassing laws , and understand them -- much easier ....

Steve 1
    One guy already lost a 75 acre ranch to them, This is what pisses me off about our government and not just the current one all the way back they are giving away something that does not belong to them, If we defend the border we are called vigilantes, and the port deal we are called racists Bullcrap!!
    It is the government’s job by law to defend the borders and we have a right to defend ourselves, possessions and our property (well what we lease via the form of property tax)
    In 65 Kennedy amended the immigration laws to allow third world migration into this country. Never been the same since.

HOSS
    I don`t understand how these landowners are caught up in this. If its remote. Just shoot the phucs. No lawsuits then. Bury them in mass graves with a backhoe.

572Daytona
    I don't understand how anyone can lose their land, a civil lawsuit with damages is one thing but losing land is another. There are very few ways in our country that real estate can be involuntarily taken from someone, the few that come to mind are lien sales for not paying taxes, eminent domain and escheat. I can't see a civil case such as you describe above could result in any homeowner losing his land unless he had to sell it to pay a judgement. Do you have any links to actual cases like this?

flat broke
    I think the reason people are getting burned on this is because the properties are mixed use. A 75 acre ranch might have a "highest and best use" as ranch and not a primary residence. If this is the case, the outcome of the suit may be slightly different?
    Like you said, I'd like to see some actual cases on this... Time to do some research.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it is interesting to note that in the state of California, our access to firearms has been steadily undermined over the past few decades. I hope that it never comes to that, but I would rather it come to that, then to silently lose our nation through a political war where the rights and privleges of American Citizens are used to subvert our sovereignty.
    What's worse is that at this juncture any civillian armed action against this threat would also be met with violence from our own government. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Chris

lucky
    I guess - time to play cowboys and indians , again ....

HOSS
    I guess - time to play cowboys and indians , again ....
    Hehehehe,,,,,cool. I know what side I wanna be on.

flat broke
    That didn't take too long.
    The case in question is reported by the Times here (http://www.alanpowell.net/?go=viewnews&newsid=1180)
    The main reason the deal went the way it did was 1. Because our judicial system is inheirently litigation friendly. 2. Because the individual who lost his ranch did not answer the civil suit. In other words, he did not try to defend himself. and 3. Because the other individual who had the hung jury on the "pistol whipping" charge was a felon and should not have been in possesion of a firearm.
    The suck as part is that the guy that settled for 100k, probalby did so knowing that he would owe at least that much in legal fees for his defense by the time it was all said and done. In an instance like this, I do have to ask, where were the civilian patrol groups ready to financially support this guy so he wouldn't have had to match litigation budgets with a plaintiff who's case was undoubtedly taken on contingency? Even if there were anti litigation measures in place that would have required the plaintif pay the defendants fees, they were illegal immigrants and could have just said no thanks, asked to be deported and start over again.
    I'll tell you what, if you live in a border state exlcuding California, do the best you can to ensure that your local and state legislatures do not become infested with those seeking to aid illegal immigration. We had our last stand at the Alamo backin 94 with prop 187. We enjoy a small respit with Arnold's recent anti-illegal immigration agenda, but once he's gone (and he will be gone), we are screwed. In So Cal, all of the local legislatures have a strong Hispanic presence, LA is run by an illegal immigration sympathetic Mayor, and by the population numbers we've already lost. The rest of you fockers that border on Mexico or California better use us as an example so our sufferage is not in vain. Quit spending all damn day on HB, get involved with your local politics, pay attention to whats going on at the state level (cause the national level will forever be a lost cause for reasons that Blown has already illustrated), and take your family to the range every weekend so they are comfy with the last resort tools of democracy.
    On a semi related topic, anyone in AZ/NV seen any good deals on Saiga 7.62 mags?
    Chris

572Daytona
    Thanks for the link Chris. So the land transfer was voluntary, as an asset to settle a judgement against the defendent, that makes more sense. I don't think the judge would have had the power transfer the land without the consent of the owner. While the judgement still sounds pretty extreme, it sounds like there were quite a few other mitigating circumstances, not simply law abiding citizens losing their land. I also don't see where the Mexican government was involved in any way, an American group represented the immigrants.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast