Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baja 1000 mishap.........

riverroyal
    this morning,I will never go to mex,not cabo,not cancun,no where.Ive down a hundred times to surf,jetski,party,relax.I have drove to la paz from san diego.NEVER again.
    They really should move that race to the states.Baja makes millions from us racing there,I say screw them,spend our money here,race here

whiteworks
    Mexico is Mexico it always has been and always will be. yes it it a very dangerous place where anything can happen and does. just an example of how things are different down there. we pulled off hwy 3 to setup a quick pit for our car that was gonna be there in a few minutes. we were rushed by a pack of wild kids "STEEEEKERS for me, for my brother, for my sister" these kids were wild and all over us, we gave them a bunch of STEEEEKERS for all and then some. my freinds were trying to be nice and get the kids away from us since the car was soon coming. finally I yelled at the kids MUAY PELIGRO VAMANOS "very dangerous get out of here" as soon as I said that they all got back real fast. these kids know what dangerous means and right now. from the time they are born they are exposed to a whole different existance than the kids here. they are survivors in a wild ass country and learn quick of real danger. this race will never happen in the states its just not condusive with our society. Mexico is a double edged sword "EYES WIDE OPEN"

Rvr Swpr
    this morning,I will never go to mex,not cabo,not cancun,no where.Ive down a hundred times to surf,jetski,party,relax.I have drove to la paz from san diego.NEVER again.
    They really should move that race to the states.Baja makes millions from us racing there,I say screw them,spend our money here,race here
    Right,would be better to sit at a picnic table outside the cafe at Blackmeadow and enjoy Their Thanksgiving dinner.

wolfie
    Back in '81-'92 I was part of SCORE officials Association (traffic control and marking off who came through) and went down to Mexico for a few races. It was great. The federales and local police left you alone if you had a SCORE sticker in the window. Anyone else they would harass. They knew how much money was generated by SCORE. It sounds like they don't even care about that. I wonder how the govt. down there would react if they pulled all the races as well as stopped tourism to Baja and close the border completely.

moneypit
    I forget the name of the guy who puts on the races, but it seems that is enoug racers put enough pressure on him, he will need to make sure stuff like this happens.
    If the Mex Gov want this to continue in their country something needs to be done. Hell, we have enough mexicans in the US and we have desert, we could have the race here and it will be just like hving it in Mexico....

riverroyal
    Right,would be better to sit at a picnic table outside the cafe at Blackmeadow and enjoy Their Thanksgiving dinner.
    I would like to sit in my camping world recliner chair,sip a mexican beer,next to my trailer,at black meadow,and watch them go by on the other side of the lake,near hiway 95 maybe.Like a corona commercial

Baja Big Dog
    I forget the name of the guy who puts on the races, but it seems that is enoug racers put enough pressure on him, he will need to make sure stuff like this happens.
    If the Mex Gov want this to continue in their country something needs to be done. Hell, we have enough mexicans in the US and we have desert, we could have the race here and it will be just like hving it in Mexico....
    The guys name is Sal Fish, and your on crack if you think he will get involved in the politics of Mexico, he hits and runs. You never hear from him, how much money SCORE makes etc.

Sleeper CP
    Back in '81-'92 I was part of SCORE officials Association (traffic control and marking off who came through) and went down to Mexico for a few races. It was great. The federales and local police left you alone if you had a SCORE sticker in the window. Anyone else they would harass. They knew how much money was generated by SCORE. It sounds like they don't even care about that. I wonder how the govt. down there would react if they pulled all the races as well as stopped tourism to Baja and close the border completely.
    The guys name is Sal Fish, and your on crack if you think he will get involved in the politics of Mexico, he hits and runs. You never hear from him, how much money SCORE makes etc.
    Sal must be paying someone, otherwise they would have shut down Score years ago.
    A few years back Johnny Cambell (team Honda) was pre-running the Mike's Loop and got bush wacked by some guy's at gun point. That same week some guy's shot at a Class 1 pre-runner when the driver wouldn't stop. They put a bullet into the car. It got the attention of the Govener of Baja Norte, some druggy scum bags ended up feeding the fish and lobster's off the coast.
    Today's scum bag's are the government, but if the 3 big Baja races ended, boy would their economy take a hit. Maybe someone needs to work on cleaning house, but the scum will try to take them out.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Crossbow_CA
    WE came back OK,.... Thats just horrible, what is the future of the Baja races?
    The family is OK that is the most important thing...I was going to stay and enjoy the country and my brother-in-law said its not safe... you need to go home with the group (4x4) D#mn was he right...
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8...2007040xz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
    Thats Sal Fish

Crossbow_CA
    I am crazy upset if they dont do anything! The state of Baja wil tak a beating if it ends like this with nothing...
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4458/blowupba5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast