Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 second high point championship IHBA... Who won?

PE 316
    How can you REALLY cheat, everyone has to run 8.00?
    This is from IHBA rule book, 2007, page 111-23, paragraph #4.
    "Throttle: Throttle must be operated by driver's foot. No electronics,pneumatics, nor hydraulics will be allowed. A positive stop must be incorporated into the throttle pedal that will not allow throttle cable to bind or go over center and lock open. Quick action return springs mus be located on both sides of the injector hat or directly to the carburetor throttle arms. "
    This is a "link" to the type of throttle controlling device(s) in question: http://www.biondoracing.com/ThrottleStops.shtml
    There are at least two boats in IHBA's Pro-Eliminator class that have "throttle control" devices installed on their boats, which is in direct conflict to the IHBA rule-book... IHBA (and their Tech Inspectors) know they are/were in place and have chosen to ignore this issue until someone "protests" the offending boat(s). To this date, I believe no one has filed an official protest...
    MIke Barnes

Fiat48
    Should be no question. Totally illegal. Should be no question in anyones mind that is a clear violation of the rules.
    It's IHBA's job to enforce the rules. All rules....not just when enough people bitch.
    Very sad. Hope that gets corrected.

Bullmoose
    Which Boats?

With all the "cheating' going on in the 8 second class it make is a tough class to follow. It sure is nice that the sniffling Radke brothers didnt win the championship!
    LL
    Which Boats?
    Im guessing by the post above maybe the Radke bros?:idea: :idea:

Bullmoose
    What went wrong with the Canyon flat ?

First we had electrical problems (Coil on the 44 mag) and then when we went to run the semi finals we had a low oil pressure. Very low:notam:
    Our competition in the semi finals was Ken Singleton and he had rods sticking out the sides of his block. So we moved on and were gonna run the finals but decided it wasnt a good idea. Rough weekend fo sho.

suckerpunch
    Mr Lot Lizzard, I dont know how to take you. You certainly stir the pot on this website.How do you obtain this info? I have been racing this class for a little while, and I am really curious to who you are. I myself, know that there are more than two boats competing in the Ihba with Illegal equipment. I am not saying that Tech is not sharp enough to see these items, but they are not going to address anything unless it becomes a saftey issue, or told to address an issue. I raced two guys in my class that have air cylinders doing something to there gas pedal assemblies, and what it does, I am not sure. I chose not to protest for various reasons. The main reason was this. I could beat either one regardless of what they had. My reason for falling short was me, not them. I also felt that no matter how you look at it, If you protest, you become labeled as a cry baby. I know that it is still wrong to allow this, therefore I was partially responsible for not protesing. Sorry, I want to race and not bitch. If we win, we win legally. So who the hell are you? Are you one of those guys that still puts his boat in to gear with a handle? maybe you should apply to become a tech official.

Lot Lizard
    Mr. Sucker, you can take me one way and that is a straight forward shooter. Back when I raced the Super eliminater class, we didn't need "cheating" devices and all the equipment that ya'll need run these days. After walking around the pits ain Phoenix this year, I was completely disappointed to see what my old class has come to. Atleast 3-4 boats seemed to have some kind of illegal device down near or attached to their throttle pedal. Can you explain that please? Is that really what is needed to win these days? And yes i didn't have any of that SHIT and was very competitive banging the boat in gear with my old fashioned handle. Im not trying to be negative, but all the BS ya'll have in your boats sure didn't producing any mind boggling numbers this year in Phoenix did it? Take you for example, it doesnt seem to hard to run 7.90's all weekend in a 8.0 second class :idea:. Am i missing something here? Take the Radke boat, the so called world champions....they couldn't even make the call Sunday morning due to "cheating" equipment failure from what I was told .
    I would consider coming back after a 20 plus year layoff if all the cheating would stop. Lets bang em in gear the old fashion way and get it on! NO computers, no retarts, just a stick to put it in gear and a throttle to nail.
    LL

mustoer
    Well, I gotta ask....
    How do those types of 'throttle controlling devices' operate? Off a timer or a sensor?
    I am really curious about about the cylinders connected to pedal assemblies that Mr Shelfo talked about. -Were you implying that they actually control the pedal in some way?

I shouldn't mention anything but basically what you are saying that if you can find a way to tune your boat to run an 8.0s, 9.0s, 10s and etc.. consistently is cheating??? What's the deference between sandbagging and tuning your boat??? I understand the safety and the rules behind the throttle stops but I really don't know what else to think about them.
    Mustoer, I would have to guess is you find a baseline and start adjusting the throttle stop to weather conditions using a weather station or other weather predicting device. This is how we did in TE but with rev limiters. To me it's basically the same thing for the most part.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast