Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stem cell research

Old Texan
    New twist? WTF is wrong with you? That's what the ENTIRE debate IS about.
    Federal funding for cloning humans just for fetal stem cells is THE cutting issue.
    Pick up a newspaper once in awhile.
    Jesus Christ, you really have no idea that this was what the whole Micheal J Fox staged commercial was about do you??
    At least have the balls to call abortion what it is, it's killing babies whether you're an atheist or not.
    Makes you believe he rode that lil' short bus to the other school where the kids were a little bit slow.
    I got the same confusion when he claimed Fox was irrelevant to the topic. Heel Fox could be the chairman of the topic....

ULTRA26 # 1
    New twist? WTF is wrong with you? That's what the ENTIRE debate IS about.
    Federal funding for cloning humans just for fetal stem cells is THE cutting issue.
    Pick up a newspaper once in awhile.
    Jesus Christ, you really have no idea that this was what the whole Micheal J Fox staged commercial was about do you??
    At least have the balls to call abortion what it is, it's killing babies whether you're an atheist or not.
    It is normally referred to as Embryonic Stem Cell research , but you you like to bend the facts into something they're not.
    fetus
    Main Entry: fe·tus
    Pronunciation: \ˈfē-təs\
    Function: noun
    an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth
    embryo
    Main Entry: em·bryo
    Pronunciation: \ˈem-brē-ˌō\
    Inflected Form(s): plural em·bry·os
    1 aarchaic : a vertebrate at any stage of development prior to birth or hatching b: an animal in the early stages of growth and differentiation that are characterized by cleavage, the laying down of fundamental tissues, and the formation of primitive organs and organ systems; especially : the developing human individual from the time of implantation to the end of the eighth week after conception
    2: the young sporophyte of a seed plant usually comprising a rudimentary plant with plumule, radicle, and cotyledons
    3 a: something as yet undeveloped b: a beginning or undeveloped state of something <productions seen in embryo during their out-of-town tryout period — Henry Hewes>
    There is a difference between an enbryo and a fetus, by defintion. Duh!!
    You still whining about MJ Fox not taking his meds. WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
    It ain't killing babies and I'm not an atheist. That's you remember.
    Stagged WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Schiada76
    It is normally referred to as Embryonic Stem Cell research , but you you like to bend the facts into something they're not.
    fetus
    Main Entry: fe·tus
    Pronunciation: \ˈfē-təs\
    an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth
    embryo
    Main Entry: em·bryo
    Pronunciation: \ˈem-brē-ˌō\
    Inflected Form(s): plural em·bry·os
    1 aarchaic : a vertebrate at any stage of development prior to birth or hatching b: an animal in the early stages of growth and differentiation that are characterized by cleavage, the laying down of fundamental tissues, and the formation of primitive organs and organ systems; especially : the developing human individual from the time of implantation to the end of the eighth week after conception
    2: the young sporophyte of a seed plant usually comprising a rudimentary plant with plumule, radicle, and cotyledons
    3 a: something as yet undeveloped b: a beginning or undeveloped state of something <productions seen in embryo during their out-of-town tryout period — Henry Hewes>
    There is a difference between an enbryo and a fetus, by defintion. Duh!!
    You still whining about MJ Fox not taking his meds. WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
    It ain't killing babies and I'm not an atheist. That's you remember.
    Stagged WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Are you retarded?
    Fetal Stem Cells in Modern-day Science
    By Caitlin Chapman
    An ActionBioscience.org original article
    articlehighlights
    The use of fetal stem cells for medical research is a hotly debated issue because some equate it to abortion. However, fetal stem cells:
    Just the first thing that came up on google not relavant other than the obvious.
    No one here whines but you and the MJF reference is relevent, cloning humans for fetal stem cell research was the reason behind the staged commercial.
    Why don't you have the balls to call it abortion what it is, killing babies?
    Serious question.

Schiada76
    Makes you believe he rode that lil' short bus to the other school where the kids were a little bit slow.
    I got the same confusion when he claimed Fox was irrelevant to the topic. Heel Fox could be the chairman of the topic....
    I wasn't going to respond to his vapid posts anymore but I still can't believe how stupid he really is. I keep thinking he's just got to be misinformed.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Are you retarded?
    Fetal Stem Cells in Modern-day Science
    By Caitlin Chapman
    An ActionBioscience.org original article
    articlehighlights
    The use of fetal stem cells for medical research is a hotly debated issue because some equate it to abortion. However, fetal stem cells:
    Just the first thing that came up on google not relavant other than the obvious.
    No one here whines but you and the MJF reference is relevent, cloning humans for fetal stem cell research was the reason behind the staged commercial.
    Serious question.
    Serious question
    Simple. Because I don't believe that it is.
    You you've gotten worse than Blown used to be.
    Call things what you want. Stagged commercials, killing babies. The level of ignorance that you display is very annoying, but then you know that and love it. Must be nice to be smart as you.
    See ya

Schiada76
    Serious question
    Simple. Because I don't believe that it is.
    You you've gotten worse than Blown used to be.
    Call things what you want. Stagged commercials, killing babies. The level of ignorance that you display is very annoying, but then you know that and love it. Must be nice to be smart as you.
    See ya
    Ignorance of what?
    Fetal stem cells?
    Cloning humans?
    Federal government funding of human cloning?
    The commericial was staged Ultra, made the guy that funded it a billionaire.
    You knew that though didn't you?

Old Texan
    Ultra- Ya forget my question???????

ULTRA26 # 1
    Ultra- Ya forget my question???????
    If I was mega rich, as the question asks, I'd be giving money to both. The best scientists money can buy aren't always the best scientists.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/...eto/index.html
    Bush veto'd it so it must be bad

Schiada76
    DAMN THAT GW!!!!!
    With one stroke of the pen he's prevented mankind from finding the cure for every disease on the planet!!!

centerhill condor
    ya'll amaze me...somebody posts a thread about finding a way around the fed funding ban on embryonic stem cell research and continue to fight about it.
    I say whoopeee!
    The right wing christians, to which I belong, didn't agree with embryonic research, cloning, invitro, etc...'cause mankind doesn't know anything other than he has a new toy.
    So here we are, 30 years into the future and we have these incredible moral delimas...when a couple divorces who gets the fertilized eggs? So, now we have a sea of fertilized eggs that nobody wants and can't be "destroyed"...what now...it would have been nice to answer this and other questions before we lit the fuse.
    This is different from abortion and really clarifies the issue...they aren't "a woman's body"...they are in fact humans in limbo. Somebody's kids, grandkids, etc.
    Stem cells...wow. literally God's tools for life. Remarkably akin to atoms...God's building blocks.
    Type what you want about politics...but man has always tried and succeeded in destroying himself with every tool he grasps.
    As usual, our problems aren't technical rather political.
    CC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast