Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot my friends .50 today... get ready for some muzzle blast!!!!

beaverretriever
    Damn, what a neat rifle. Armalite single shot 50cal. The muzzle break on this thing is awesome. It basically kicks like a 243. I was shooting a 1ft target at over 700yrds like it was nothing. Standing behind this thing when it fires is like a AA 8000hp dragster going by.
    Video here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcR1F3AjP6U

Jyruiz
    Looks awesome. So what type of CAN did you shoot?

beaverretriever
    Looks awesome. So what type of CAN did you shoot?
    LOL.
    It was awesome. Fun, but very expensive to shoot. 3.00 a round on the cheap side. Lucky for me, 2-10 rounds through that thing is enough.

Fast Freddy
    .50 calibers rock! here are a few pix of me shooting my .50's and the damage done to the 55 gallon steel drum set a 1/4 mile downrange. the BIG holes are where the bullets hit the ground in front of the drum first and then skipped up and flew thru the drum sideways. i shoot iron sights only, no scopes for me. with my barrett M82A1 i have shot a 5 shot group that measured 6 inches at a distance of 600 yards. that is minute of angle accuracy at that distance with no scope......

beaverretriever
    .50 calibers rock! here are a few pix of me shooting my .50's and the damage done to the 55 gallon steel drum set a 1/4 mile downrange. the BIG holes are where the bullets hit the ground in front of the drum first and then skipped up and flew thru the drum sideways......
    NICE!!!! They are a lot of fun. I am going to buy one here pretty soon.
    I got to dial in my newly built AR as well. For some reason it wont cycle though. I can squeeze off one shot and that is all. It wont chamber another. Any ideas?
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2228/...c5bcf4.jpg?v=0

Fast Freddy
    NICE!!!! They are a lot of fun. I am going to buy one here pretty soon.
    I got to dial in my newly built AR as well. For some reason it wont cycle though. I can squeeze off one shot and that is all. It wont chamber another. Any ideas?
    what kind of ammo are you using? don't use wolf ammo or anykind of non reloadable cartridges that are made out of steel. only use brass cased ammo

beaverretriever
    what kind of ammo are you using? don't use wolf ammo or anykind of non reloadable cartridges that are made out of steel. only use brass cased ammo
    No, God no... No steel ever.
    I tried different ammo, mags, etc. It is a charging prob. I was thinking I may have somthing blocking the gas tube or somthing.

msc5195
    I personally am working on my 4th thousand round block of wolf steel cased ammo through my Bushmaster and have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. I did buy a box of brass cased hollow points from wally world and it would not cycle them for nothing. The same hollow points also jammed in in my friends Rock River AR. I returned them to Walmart for a second box only to have them do the same. Over at AR-15.com there have many discussions and debates on steel cased ammo. I personally have had no problem with steel cased and will continue to shoot steel cased. As far as the problem have you tried a different clip? Is the clip fully loaded, if so take a few shells out of the clip and try again. Just a few things I would try.

msc5195
    No, God no... No steel ever.
    I tried different ammo, mags, etc. It is a charging prob. I was thinking I may have somthing blocking the gas tube or somthing.
    Nevermind. You answered my questions while I was typing. Good luck.

Try posting some new pictures of your wife, this should help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast