Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cavitation video

sanger rat

IMPATIENT 1
    explain to me how a inducer keeps from doin that in frt of a impellor?? i have a friend that had cavitation trouble because of his inducer on top end. i'd like to see a cut away or lexan pump and see what happens inside, that'd be neato

Duane HTP
    Very simple. The angle of attack of the inducer blades are such that they do not induce cavitation like the one in the picture. It speeds up the flow of water towards the impeller blade which helps to keep the impeller from doing it too. That's what makes them work. That's why the ones Don did worked so well and the ones his kid did didn't.

Duane HTP
    i have a friend that had cavitation trouble because of his inducer on top end.
    How do you know or prove this???
    What if the pump was just requiring more water because of loading the impeller better with the inducer.

cyclone
    What if the pump was just requiring more water because of loading the impeller better with the inducer.
    Or maybe at high speed, the shape of the keel didn't work so well for loading the intake. i've seen this firsthand and its got nothing to do with the inducer being in there.

Placecraft Dragstar
    That's why the ones Don did worked so well and the ones his kid did didn't.
    So his kid changed the inducer?
    The dps inducer works very well, there are only a couple things you can do to them for better performance.
    The other brand of inducer can work very well also if you take a grinder to it and fix it. But there is alot of work you can do to a impeller also to make the whole combo work very well.

IMPATIENT 1
    yep, contact hotbo on this site. he saw it all on his pressure gauges, removed the inducer and it went away.

IMPATIENT 1
    So his kid changed the inducer?
    The dps inducer works very well, there are only a couple things you can do to them for better performance.
    The other brand of inducer can work very well also if you take a grinder to it and fix it. But there is alot of work you can do to a impeller also to make the whole combo work very well.
    i've gotta tx-19 runnin a b-cut tight dom. pump, and everyone swears by the inducer in them but i can't find a reason to do it. when i holeshot, the pump loads well and pulls very hard. i set the clearences tight, did the best detail job i could on the new impellor, runnin a shouldered bronze ring. i did drill and tap the intake for gauges last spring when i rebuilt and repainted the pump, just got in a hurry to get on the water and never installed lines or gauges, just plugged the 2 holes. i can stand on it and before i can say 1, its loaded and doesn't slip. did fight a top end cavitation issue last yr. but that turned out being too much loader ramp in the water, i cut it back to 1/16th above keel and shoe, prob solved.

Placecraft Dragstar
    i've gotta tx-19 runnin a b-cut tight dom. pump, and everyone swears by the inducer in them but i can't find a reason to do it. when i holeshot, the pump loads well and pulls very hard. i set the clearences tight, did the best detail job i could on the new impellor, runnin a shouldered bronze ring. i did drill and tap the intake for gauges last spring when i rebuilt and repainted the pump, just got in a hurry to get on the water and never installed lines or gauges, just plugged the 2 holes. i can stand on it and before i can say 1, its loaded and doesn't slip. did fight a top end cavitation issue last yr. but that turned out being too much loader ramp in the water, i cut it back to 1/16th above keel and shoe, prob solved.
    If you can run what you want to without one then great, spray a little speed coat on the impeller and run it and see where it burned it off that can answer some questions on cavatation. I have a tx-19 now but have alot of work to make it go good. I have had it out a couple times now and like what it does but have not opened it up yet but getting close to. I have never had a gullwing before but so far I like it just dont know how fast I can push it to.

IMPATIENT 1
    If you can run what you want to without one then great, spray a little speed coat on the impeller and run it and see where it burned it off that can answer some questions on cavatation. I have a tx-19 now but have alot of work to make it go good. I have had it out a couple times now and like what it does but have not opened it up yet but getting close to. I have never had a gullwing before but so far I like it just dont know how fast I can push it to.
    i love my gullwing! i did speed coat the impellor when i finished detailing it,haven't pulled the bowl of yet to see what the backside looks like but the frt is still @80-90% coated still. the loader that came with the boat was blocking off 100% of the water needed at the top. i got it, checked the boat over and it ran 78 the 1st day i took it out. i knew something wasn't right so i yanked out the motor and pump
    there's a local racer here runnin 118 in full lake trim, bench seat and even uses a partial engine cover
    my bottom is still nice gel, but here;s a good speedcoated gullwing bottom. i think he went alittle tooooo fast http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1196704157

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast