Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCB Clone?

waterluvr
    I was reading an old issue of Hot Boat (yes they have a magazine) and they tested a 28 foot Extreme Marine version of the DCB 28.
    The article went on to explain how they had entered into an agreement with DCB and would use the DCB 28 molds.
    Does anyone know how this arrangement worked.
    Extreme Marine was situated in Phoenix.
    Just curious.

Magic34
    Company was Streamline boats and DCB was layin them up. Extreme Marine and Streamline parted ways.
    The first ones, Power Marine (Sleek/Magic) did the interiors as well.

soupersonic
    Extreme Marine was situated in Phoenix.
    Magic34 has extensive knowledge of this place

Magic34
    Magic34 has extensive knowledge of this place
    On that note, Sun Country Marine has been beyond awesome and now, other than the 1 section of paint, everything on my boat is perfect and working 100% as I expected it to in July. I am really, really happy with Sun Country.

Tom Olson
    Company was Streamline boats and DCB was layin them up. Extreme Marine and Streamline parted ways.
    The first ones, Power Marine (Sleek/Magic) did the interiors as well.
    Streamline and Extreme are done? Sure about that???

Magic34
    Streamline and Extreme are done? Sure about that???
    Definitely different than it was 6 months ago. I dont know anything happening with them now, nor do I care to know what Extreme Marine may or may not be doing. The way I understood it, the original deal with the owners of Streamline are much different today than it was when Streamline was producing the boats that appreared in the Powerboat and ***boat ads.
    I did see s Streamline out on my side of town last year at a RV and Marine store during a sale day or something. A dealer out here in Mesa says they sell them.
    From my experience, if Extreme Marine has anything to do with the build, it will be a long, uncomplete process. Do a search on here and you will see why I feel that way.

soupersonic
    Definitely different than it was 6 months ago. I dont know anything happening with them now, nor do I care to know what Extreme Marine may or may not be doing. The way I understood it, the original deal with the owners of Streamline are much different today than it was when Streamline was producing the boats that appreared in the Powerboat and ***boat ads.
    I did see s Streamline out on my side of town last year at a RV and Marine store during a sale day or something. A dealer out here in Mesa says they sell them.
    From my experience, if Extreme Marine has anything to do with the build, it will be a long, uncomplete process. Do a search on here and you will see why I feel that way.
    Agreed, i had the same experience with them as you did. Long on promises and short on getting anything done.

waterluvr
    With their questionable customer service I am surprised that DCB would sell them a mold ....

Magic34
    With their questionable customer service I am surprised that DCB would sell them a mold ....
    I dont think they sold them a mold, just a bare hull with a different name on it.
    I have heard the sales pitch and they claim it is a DCB.

Tom Olson
    I dont think they sold them a mold, just a bare hull with a different name on it.
    I have heard the sales pitch and they claim it is a DCB.
    they bought the molds from Dave and still own them, DCB would lay up blank hulls and they would get rigged @ Extreme,,I tried to buy the molds but didnt get it done,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast