Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Data Recorder Problems - Edelbrock

Willis
    CS19
    How many features of the data recorder are you using?
    1. What feature made your recorder give undesirable data?
    2. After you installed the data recorder in the aluminum box, did that solve all the “peculiar behavior” of the data recorder?

How many features of the data recorder are you using?
    I have 5 sensors that I move around to check different things on both the pump and engine, obviously voltage and RPM as well.
    1.What feature made your recorder give undesirable data?
    Ive downloaded hundreds of data files, its been problem free for the most part. The only problems Ive had were EMI (bad location) and had one channel stop working. I have not delt with the channel since I dont need it right now. Had some issues with my laptop connecting to the box at first, I was the first to connect to the data box with a USB, thats all worked out now and everyone does it this way now. The newer laptops only allow you to connect that way since they dont provide the 9 pin connnector in new laptops anymore.
    2. After you installed the data recorder in the aluminum box, did that solve all the “peculiar behavior” of the data recorder?
    I was able to get the data working perfect before I went to the alum. box. I got a box to keep everything dry, everything has been problem free for a few years now other than the setup file which is my fault, Im always changing things in the file so I sometimes miss something on it. Im getting the best data ever right now, very happy with everything.

Willis
    Chris,
    Bad Location, does that mean the Qdata was too close to the MSD box?
    Edelbrock states that the Qdata should be as far as possible from the MSD in the installation instructions.
    That was also reinforced when I meet with Edelbrock Techs.
    So I have moved my Qdata to rear of the boat and MSD is behind my seat as always.
    This should mitigate all undesirable actions. Jack said to move the box a long time ago, before I meet with Edelbrock.
    :messedup:
    Now I won’t know until March 2008 if everything’s ok.

Chris,
    Bad Location, does that mean the Qdata was too close to the MSD box?
    Edelbrock states that the Qdata should be as far as possible from the MSD in the installation instructions.
    That was also reinforced when I meet with Edelbrock Techs.
    So I have moved my Qdata to rear of the boat and MSD is behind my seat as always.
    This should mitigate all undesirable actions. Jack said to move the box a long time ago, before I meet with Edelbrock.
    :messedup:
    Now I wonÂ’t know until March 2008 if everythingÂ’s ok.
    yes that is what i meant by bad location, my qdata wasnt having a problem with the actual MSD box, maybe plug wires? As of right now my quikdata and MSD box are about 1/2" away from eachother and I have no problems. Im not saying this is the correct way, just what Im doing and what is working for me.
    i would move the box far away from everything like youve done and try that.

Willis
    See Ya
    @ the Rope in March, or the awards banquet.
    Thanks
    Willis

bp
    hey willis, changing the subject. i don't want to start anything, or know details, but just curious to know when/if the final point standings will be posted to the njba site??? thx

Willis
    brian has those
    Willis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123