Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DNE 1000hp motor buildup in HRM

1quickjet
    Nice build-up coverage of a 1050hp motor done by Dave Ebbert at DNE Motorsports in this months Hot Rod Magazine (June '02). No nitrous, no blower, pump gas. HBJet posted pics of this motor a while back. In a '21 Daytona that ran some unreal # at the drags. Worth checking out. And finally a reason to read HRM again.

77charger
    was an interesting article but did you read the very end 30k for that motor.

MikeF
    For as many vendors that were part of the process.....it must have been fun to put that engine together and see the results! Well thought out and assembled!! Suprised it was not more $$$$. Mike

ChetCapoli
    30 grand why would ya???Put the blower on top and get the same power more reliably for half the price.
    Chet

disco_charger
    Interesting article. 30g's is pretty steep imo. It was very impressive, and I'd love to see that Daytona run. I like the single carb with no tunnel ram. Blower would be easier and cheaper, but the cool factor was that this was a natuarally aspirated (as natural as a Dominator can be) motor making 1k horsepower. Hot Rod is starting to come to their senses.
    Disco

77charger
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    30 grand why would ya???Put the blower on top and get the same power more reliably for half the price.
    Chet
    that is my opinion too.but if you have the money to make it run on pump gas to be legal for certain race classe then do it.Pretty good though that much hp to run on pump gas.Was some good pics of the whole project too.

Costello
    This is what Darin Morgan who does the cylinder heads at Reher Morrison has to say about this engine. I'm sure DNE is a great shop, but Reher Morrison is the real deal.....
    Has anyone seen the new HotRod magazine? They have an article on a 555 single four barrel with Dart intake making 1050 horsepower ON PUMP GAS! I cant believe they print this trash. This is a bold face lie. A well tuned 555 with 15.5 to 1 compression and 114 octane fuel that revs 8000rpm with big duration camshaft (which pump gas engines can not use) makes 1050HP. This just proves that they will print ANYTHING!!!!!!!! I hope people are not gullible enough to believe this stuff.

Costello
    Another Darin Morgan quote. In case anyone is not aware of his credentials, does Bruce Allen, George Marnell, or Mike Edwards ala NHRA Pro Stock ring a bell? Darin does the cylinder heads at Reher-Morrison and is one of three people selected to develop the new top secret GM DRCE cylinder heads.......
    Dynos and flow benches are tools just like dynamite is a tool. In the hands of a professional they are harmless and can accomplish great things. In the hands of an unscrupulous moron they become dangerous. Very dangerous!!
    [This message has been edited by Costello (edited May 07, 2002).]

I see a flaming coming on

Haven't seen the article yet. Is this Marty's engine they are talking about? If so was the 1050 with or w/o the nitrous?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast