Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Circle Runners

FLAT557
    V-DRV, Nice boat. I've ran with this boat when Anthony owned it this past summer.I run in the low 90's and your boat had me by a good 10 to 15 MPH.Please take a good look at the safety gear on that boat,last time I looked at it it had no whirl-away and only one small 1/2'' wide safety collar on the prop shaft.It's too fast of a boat to run the way it was.Check it out ,be safe! J-Dub.

V-DRV
    I actually met your brother Mike a few months back. I was looking at the Riviera he has. I got to see your dads Aquacraft, Mikes Wickens and your brothers Rayson. Beutiful boats! Also got to see your trailer being built. Real estate troubles drained my Riviera funds so that boat didn't work out. This boat is actually owned by my old man. I would love to get together with you guys next summer and do some boating. We have a nice reservior here and I have a few buddies with v-drives. It would be a fun weekend!

V-DRV
    V-DRV, Nice boat. I've ran with this boat when Anthony owned it this past summer.I run in the low 90's and your boat had me by a good 10 to 15 MPH.Please take a good look at the safety gear on that boat,last time I looked at it it had no whirl-away and only one small 1/2'' wide safety collar on the prop shaft.It's too fast of a boat to run the way it was.Check it out ,be safe! J-Dub.
    Hey thanks! I will check that out. I planned on putting a whirlaway in it this winter and changing the gears. I will check out the safety collar deal also!

vdriver4ever
    Oh Mike has spoke highly of you... Yes it would be fun to get together. Where to you boat down there and do you have to run mufflers?

V-DRV
    Your brother Mike is quite a character which you and almost everbody on these boards probably know! We have American Falls reservoir just to the west of us. Its my favorite place to go and I am there almost every weekend in the summer. I have a buddy with nice 63 Stevens another with a nice 72 Sanger flat and two buddies with nice jet boats. One is a hydro with a blown 572 and the other a real nice old Sanger flat. I know of some other people in Idaho Falls with v-drives. One is my old Hondo. We should definetly get together for a weekend. We have a nice big sandy cove that would be great to see full of Hot Boats!

amatosanger
    Here is the plate set-up on this boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/pic42.jpg
    Great looking Sanger V-DRV, your boat has the identical bottom, double skag and plate setup as our 75 circlerunner. Nice colors on the paint job also. Have fun with it next summer. Tony

707-CREW
    So what was the deal on the 17' 10" and what happens when tou put 1000hp to it?????:skull:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    So what was the deal on the 17' 10" and what happens when tou put 1000hp to it?????:skull:
    You can not accurately generalize an answer to this. There were more than 1 type of 17' 10" hulls over a wide range of years as well as boats sold and rigged with a variety of rigging and set up options.

Sanger D
    Putting that kinda power in a 17'10" is not very healthy!!!! those old true flats are very hard to get to run "safely" at speeds above 90, you gotta have the right strut degree and gear box placement, and plate setting, problem comes when the boat starts to stick and you need an UP peddle to free it up!!!with no air runners ,its gets very ugly trying to free up a true flat!!!!!!!great river boat to 90 , after that , your on your own!!!!!!!!!

707-CREW
    My last true flat would go 103-107 on the gps......600hp 468....This one would go 85 on the gps with a 396 and no cav pedal....I know the runner bottoms go straight but 100mph is not too hard to get....:idea:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast