Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit where credit is due

It has been brought to my attention that I neglected an important part of this team......The driver........Brad Allerton did a great job driving all year, with a days racing also driven by the GN 711, and new K5 shoe, Skip Tuttle. While Bud was the driving force of the PS52, After hip replacement a few years ago, it was up to Brad to step into the driving duties. I know it was with a heavy heart that Brad continued after Bud's passing. I also know he did it for Bud. Bud Allerton had a hard time after his old friend, Bud Gilbert passed away in 06 right after Burley, but he went on, knowing that is what Bud Gilbert would've wanted him to do. Brad and Virginia went on in 07, knowing that is what Bud Allerton would've wanted, and expected them to do. As Brad said at the awards in Parker, starting and finishing each race earned the PS52 the WPRA and SCSC Pro Stock high points for 2007. It was my pleasure to be a part of the Allerton legacey, part of the Allerton family. The PS52 boat, and the spirit that the Allertons brought to each and every race will be truly missed.........Who knows, we may just see it again at Burley some year, or Valleyfield, or ????............Thanks Brad and Virginia for all the years you allowed us to share in Bud's life, Here is your share of this award..........Ray
    Very well said Ray... The Allertons are quite a family. I hope to see Brad back at the races again... May Bud rest in peace...
    Steve

HIRED GUN
    beers to beezer he knows who he is......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12