Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas saving tips at the pump.

ChumpChange
    But doesn't your car technically get better gas mileage the lower the tank level? At that point, you'll be hauling around less weight in gas.

Spotondl
    Saw a report where one could fill up the tank for about half price...
    Squeeze the handle & let go, turn the handle 180 degrees, squeeze and let go, turn the handle 180 degrees, repeat, repeat... ... ... Takes a couple of hours to fill the tank... but you get an extra half cup per cycle.
    Saw this on some news investigative report and the accuracy of our gas pumps & lack of Dept. of Weights & Measures enforcement thereto...

Want to save some gas and be able to notice it,drive slower difference between 80 and 65 is huge, slow down when coming to a red light or stop sign(THIS IS FOR THE WOMEN DRIVERS)And ease up to speed to the next red light.I watch people all the time haul ass to a light that is red and then mash the gas when it turns green over and over,usally the same dumasses that complain about milage and shittty brakes wearing out.

Riverdog1
    The part about filling in the early morning works. I do this all the time now, but it has to be early. 8-9 is too late. I usually fill up after I leave the gym at 6. I was gettin 280-300 miles a tank and by doing this, I get 360-380 miles a tank. I figured thats about 10 bucks a week/40 bucks a month. That's pretty significant to me. I usually go to the same station, so gas brand is not a factor. (I get asked that every time I tell someone this strategy)
    I can tell you I went from 16.7 all around mpg in my tahoe to 13.9 from winter to summer or 425 miles to the tank to aroung 365-70 here in Phoenix. Now I know why. Although here in Phoenix in the summer, early in the morning makes no difference because it's 90 + degrees when the sun comes up.

very good tips here thanks for the info, a co-worker of mine said that all the gas stations get gas from the same source,76,shell, and el-cheapo stations, anyone know for sure?,he said there was no differance in quality or additives and its all the same fuel,and he watched trucks from differant co's. pull in right after each other and all got the same stuff...?
    The only fuel I have had a problem with is, Super Fuels in Parker. Super Fuel causes the jeep to idle funny and run bad, no problelm with the other vehicles.

LAFD
    what if you fill you vehicle up while its riding on a treadmill???

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    The only fuel I have had a problem with is, Super Fuels in Parker. Super Fuel causes the jeep to idle funny and run bad, no problelm with the other vehicles.
    Is that the place on the right side just past the 95 turn to the north? If you cross the bridge and go straight rather than turning? We got bad Diesel there last time. But the pump was super slow. We should have known better.

Fastlane
    I tried something that worked well on SAVING:
    I opened two holes in my foor board of the truck just between drivers seat and gas pedal. When I stop at a red light, I then stick my legs in the two holes and when the light turns green I start running really fast, pushing the truck.
    Saves on gas but bad on my shoes.

LAFD
    or buy one of those siphoning pumps and sit by the gas station. watch someone fill up follow them and siphone all there gas. save yourself about 70 bucs.

djunkie
    It all sounds like a pain in the ass to me just to save a couple bucks on gas. But I guess thats just me. When I need gas I just go get it. I laugh at people that go out of their way to save a few cents per gallon. My time is worth more to me I guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast