Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive Questions.. B-Max vs. Merc XR

Mardonzi
    OK,, well, the prognosis is in and both of the drives on my Fountain are trashed (I hit a submerged log over T-giving on Powell).
    The issue at hand is deciding which way to go. The boat had B-max uppers with XR Lowers running Merc 600 SC's. The guy who I bought the boat from said he had gone through a couple of XR's, which is why he upgraded.
    Here are my options
    Option #1- Replace with the same set up. It's pricey, but if the insurance company doesn't balk at the cost, it's viable.
    Option #2- Go with XR's. With the savings, I could actually buy a spare drive for when I break the next one.
    Option #3- Collect the insurance money, Take the motors out, sell them, drag the boat to Lake Piru, sink it, and solicit donations.
    Decisions, decisions.....:idea:

Froggystyle
    OK,, well, the prognosis is in and both of the drives on my Fountain are trashed (I hit a submerged log over T-giving on Powell).
    The issue at hand is deciding which way to go. The boat had B-max uppers with XR Lowers running Merc 600 SC's. The guy who I bought the boat from said he had gone through a couple of XR's, which is why he upgraded.
    Here are my options
    Option #1- Replace with the same set up. It's pricey, but if the insurance company doesn't balk at the cost, it's viable.
    Option #2- Go with XR's. With the savings, I could actually buy a spare drive for when I break the next one.
    Option #3- Collect the insurance money, Take the motors out, sell them, drag the boat to Lake Piru, sink it, and solicit donations.
    Decisions, decisions.....:idea:
    I would steer clear of #3... Magic34 is getting that underwater video system and will be able to punch your card on that one...

sorry about the log i mean logs i think it was the gravy

DMOORE
    If the insurance is going to pay for B-max's, go with them. They are stronger, and on a big boat with all the extra weight, it will make a difference. BTW sorry to hear about about the drives.
    Darrell.

Havasu_Dreamin
    What about Max Machine Works drives?

Jordy
    Or you could go with option #4 and have the fat and skinny guys bolt a pair of 6's on the back. I believe that even submerged logs are afraid of 6 drives.

DMOORE
    Or you could go with option #4 and have the fat and skinny guys bolt a pair of 6's on the back. I believe that even submerged logs are afraid of 6 drives.
    Total re-rig? That will get expensive.
    Darrell.

Mardonzi
    Only problem with that is then I'd have to get around the fat guy, and he's sick and contagious....
    Weren't you supposed to call me yesterday afternoon???

BadKachina

Mardonzi
    Konrads!:idea:
    http://www.konradmarine.com/index.html
    And what is Jim giving you for a commission on that sale???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast