Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZ dmv/ vs NV dmv????sales tax?????

BoatPI
    READ THIS: AZ needs PROOF that someone, at one point paid sales tax. Since this is an off road vehicle it may not have a title, so a bill of sale alone WILL NOT WORK for proof to waive sales tax.
    Perhaps locate the original selling dealer and obtain a copy of the sale indicating that sales tax was paid. The state in which the tax was paid does not matter, it just needs to be paid at one point by previous owners. I had dificulty with this at AZ MVD so the circumstances I noted were related to me by the Havasu MVD. This prevents someone from purchasing say a new Ferrari or motorhome in Oregon and registering it in AZ without paying sales tax.

Blown Lavey
    Basically the dealer in Utah lied, said he was going to register and TITLE and didnt.I have no title just an mso. Az wants there money, and I cant register it until the tax is paid.

2forcefull
    Basically the dealer in Utah lied, said he was going to register and TITLE and didnt.I have no title just an mso. Az wants there money, and I cant register it until the tax is paid.
    hey Garry,
    found out that he bought 20 rzr's,
    he's susposed to clear this up monday.
    could you give the paper work you got
    to the reg. service place and give them my
    number, that way you could leave town
    and I could get it squared up?

2forcefull
    The guy in AZ needs to prove that along the line someone paid sales tax. A copy of the original selling invoice should do if it shows the VIN. AZ MVD is creepy on this, NOT even an MSO will work, they want the copy of registration or orogonal bill of sale. Fins out the selling dealer and get a copy showing tax was paid.
    so you are say'n if I sell my wifes quad, I'll have to give the sale
    reciept with the MSO

BoatPI
    Yes, a dealer receipt showing sales tax was collected. In some way AZ wants the tax or proof that another state collected sales tax at one point in the life of the vehicle.

2forcefull
    so what happens if it's paid in az, nv can stil make me pay, and utah can stil
    make the orig purchaser pay right

BoatPI
    Generally most states that charge sales tax on vehicles for residents will give the new buyer credit if proof is shown for the tax paid to another state. Understand that the receipt for tax paid must be in your name, but if the guy in Utah ends up paying tax you need that original or perhaps a copy of the receipt. Check with MVD as far as the copy goes as they generally want original docs.

2forcefull
    I was think'n that if it was paid in az, it won't excuse the original
    buyer in Utah, and if nev finds out that it wasn't paid in utah
    they'll want me to pay it. if I would have sold it in cal, none of this would have mattered cause tax would still be due again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12