Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where boats go when they die.

Moneypitt
    Yes, I remember it now....And it was properly handled. The only other possibility would've been an artifical reef somewhere but the red tape involved in that was probably prohibitive......Rest in peace little boat......And listen to the sea gulls..........MP

ChumpChange
    you had asked about what kind of paperwork was needed so you did not have to pay taxes. Was there any?
    Well the taxes are due next month so I took the picture of the boat sitting there in the dump and we'll sign and affidavit stating it has been destroyed. We'll hope that works.

noboattom
    Dam who lit the fire under OLD GUYS ass!

Classic Daycruiser
    The boat was in the SPAM section as a free project boat for quite some time, for the hull only. I also contacted BoatAngels but at the same time came to the conclusion that this boat most likely had only salvageable value. This was a project boat that sat on the side of my in-laws house for a substantial amount of years. It became de-laminated, rotted, and unsafe. See the pictures.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat53.JPG
    The best use besides taking it to the dump was to make it a sandbox but I didn't have a way to get it into my back yard.
    Bla Bla Bla, always so quick to judge.
    Now if you want the Chrysler 115 Outboard that was on the back of this thing, it's in the SPAM section.
    You never see this happen to a Jet boat Maybe instead of a sandbox, it should have been turn into a Spa with swim up Bar:idea:

Zaairman
    Best $1400 I ever spent was on my Tahiti... Cheap(ish) fun, and i wouldn't trade it for anything else.

It is sad that you had to get rid of it in that way. I have to get rid of my first boat and I am lucky that I have found it a pretty good home. It is a 73 glaspar. And I had to sell it for $500.

Quality Time
    mid-seventies 16' Chrysler Tri-Hull? My Dad still has one in Michigan in damn good shape. RIP

ultra26shadow
    :jawdrop:
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...boatdumper.jpg
    Man I was in Arizona last week Phoenix,tempe, and Glendale, and saw those porta potties all over the place Gorillas waste I believe it was called funny to see it again.

Pismo
    Best $1400 I ever spent was on my Tahiti... Cheap(ish) fun, and i wouldn't trade it for anything else.
    That's a Chrysler outboard!! I have not seen one of those in 20+ years. Does it still run? They were constant trouble.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast