Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising waters

AzMandella
    Kurt,
    It's amazing how someone like you, who isn't a scientist by any means, has the balls to call way more qualified people that yourself idiots. I personally don't know what effect man is having in climate change, but after living in the Los Angeles area for over 50 years, and watching first hand the amount of shit that man has been pumped to the atmosphere, I believe that man could be having some affect. I'm not sure that we have the ability to change the current warming pattern, but do believe that we need to reduce the amount of shit we pump into the air. I see doing so as a win win.
    Ultra you have hit the nail on the head. I have always said that I don't believe in MMGW but if you (you meaning people in general) want to talk about polution be my guest. I truly believe that earths natural cycle is to blame for higher temperatures and melting ice caps. Like NASA has reported Mars's ice caps shrinking. But what we do to our air we breath and water we drink and oceans we polute is where we should be concentrating our efforts. remember if the earth did not have warm and cold periods then what made the ice age that killed millions in the 1600's dissapear? We should all be living in igloos. I remember when they were screaming how we were putting a hole in the ozone layer. what ever became of that? Opps we were wrong. Or the ice age that was imminent in the 70's when they were screaming global cooling? oops we were wrong. I truley don't believe man can do anything to stop the earths actions but we sure can clean up polution. Hell metiorolgists can't even acurately predict the local weather patterns worth a shit. Hell I'm in the wrong buisness. What other job can you screw up 50% of the time and keep your job.

cdog
    People and over population are the biggest threat to the world. Darwinism un checked snuffs out those who are to weak to survive. Modern society creates a crutch for them. Food programs in africa and such. The world economies will industrialize the rest of the world one country at a time and they will suck up resources while spewing toxic pollutants into the air, water and environment. Example: Japan, China, Middle East and India.
    Even if we consume and pollute nothing these countries are trying to emulate what we have and we cannot control their pollution. I see that as a huge problem.
    I for one am an avid outdoorsman and always do what I can to protect the environment. My next home will run on solar power. Self reliance is the best way to hedge against the issue's we face in our uncertain future.
    In the words of Maynard from Tool. "Learn to swim".

delemorte
    It is scientific fact that climate changes are on a cycle. We are simply warming from the last Ice Age as has happened many times in the past. The Ice age created the Great Lakes.
    Anyone who thinks that the last 150 years of industrialization compared with the billions of years od past history is causing climate change is very simply an idiot.
    And your doctorate is in which scientific field?

centerhill condor
    Kurt,
    It's amazing how someone like you, who isn't a scientist by any means, has the balls to call way more qualified people that yourself idiots. I personally don't know what effect man is having in climate change, but after living in the Los Angeles area for over 50 years, and watching first hand the amount of shit that man has been pumped to the atmosphere, I believe that man could be having some affect. I'm not sure that we have the ability to change the current warming pattern, but do believe that we need to reduce the amount of shit we pump into the air. I see doing so as a win win.
    Win what exactly? "I believe that man could be having some affect"...way to step out there with your convictions..imaginery leadership for imaginery problems.
    "I'm not sure we have the ability to change the current warming pattern, but do believe we need to reduce the amount we pump into the air...
    Wow....are you sure you're not a member of the UN or some other group of blameless know nothing strap hangers?
    And then you're amazed when someone calls BS on this scheme? When was the last time you sat in a science class? or got a magazine written on a college level with more words than pics?
    Dude..maybe that crap you purposely poured into your lungs for 30 years made it to your brain and broke it.
    Back on topice...200 miles inland from the coast of MS are sea shells underground...the UN didn't put them there as there were actually oceans that far inland. Past tense is future reality and we act surprised?
    And another thing...How 'bout we let the people of Indonesia "fix" the problem...if it occurs?
    Ya'll want to go 'round the world fixin' things that aren't broken yet 'cause its easier than getting off the couch to excercise or OMG actually do something for the benefit of your own neighborhood.
    Yea, its a rant! I tire of windbags that haven't bent over to pick up an empty cup writing about "global" anything!
    Global warming is the new Y2K, killer bee, walking catfish, love canal, HIV, etc.
    CC

ULTRA26 # 1
    Win what exactly? "I believe that man could be having some affect"...way to step out there with your convictions..imaginery leadership for imaginery problems.
    "I'm not sure we have the ability to change the current warming pattern, but do believe we need to reduce the amount we pump into the air...
    Wow....are you sure you're not a member of the UN or some other group of blameless know nothing strap hangers?
    And then you're amazed when someone calls BS on this scheme? When was the last time you sat in a science class? or got a magazine written on a college level with more words than pics?
    Dude..maybe that crap you poured into your lungs for 30 years made it to your brain and broke it.
    Back on topice...200 miles inland from the coast of MS are sea shells underground...the UN didn't put them there as there were actually oceans that far inland. Past tense is future reality and we act surprised?
    And another thing...How 'bout we let the people of Indonesia "fix" the problem...if it occurs?
    Ya'll want to go 'round the world fixin' things that aren't broken yet 'cause its easier than getting off the couch to excercise or OMG actually do something for the benefit of your own neighborhood.
    Yea, its a rant! I tire of windbags that haven't bent over to pick up an empty cup writing about "global" anything!
    Global warming is the new Y2K, killer bee, walking catfish, love canal, HIV, etc.
    CC
    Well CC you've managed to do it again. If I were you I would be embarrassed for posting the above.
    Sorry big guy but this Country and many others are absolutely abusive with regard to pollution. Maybe you should get out of Bent Fork every now and then so you could get a grip on reality.
    Pollution is hardly part of my imagination.

sanger rat
    I want to know what we are going to do when that big star that we call the sun burns up?

AzMandella
    I want to know what we are going to do when that big star that we call the sun burns up?
    Oh you mean asit burns hotter and hotter.Yep that's what stars do,burn hotter and hotter until it burns off it's outer shell and becomes a red giant and eventually goes supernova. something that will eventually happen and there isn't one damned thing anyone can do about it.

Moneypitt
    Oh you mean asit burns hotter and hotter.Yep that's what stars do,burn hotter and hotter until it burns off it's outer shell and becomes a red giant and eventually goes supernova. something that will eventually happen and there isn't one damned thing anyone can do about it.
    Sure there is. We can panic, run into the streets shouting the sky is falling, the sky is falling. I aint gonna happen for a few billion years, but why wait, lets panic now......About the same as this GW crap........At least the death of the sun is for real, along ways off, but real. This GW crap is not real, it is false. Sure the planet fluxuates temperature, sure some areas near sea level MAY get a little wet. Why has no one mentioned New Orleanes, it is already below sea level. Areas of Finland are below sea level, no mention...What is next, we send all the concrete in the modern world to save these third world, over populated, under developed islands??????.....C'mon people, it is just more hype........MP

ULTRA26 # 1
    AZM,
    Seems to me sanger rat meant when the Sun runs out of heat. Don't think the Sun can go Supernova.
    Regardless we have no control at all over the Sun.
    Sure there is. We can panic, run into the streets shouting the sky is falling, the sky is falling. I aint gonna happen for a few billion years, but why wait, lets panic now......About the same as this GW crap........At least the death of the sun is for real, along ways off, but real. This GW crap is not real, it is false. Sure the planet fluxuates temperature, sure some areas near sea level MAY get a little wet. Why has no one mentioned New Orleanes, it is already below sea level. Areas of Finland are below sea level, no mention...What is next, we send all the concrete in the modern world to save these third world, over populated, under developed islands??????.....C'mon people, it is just more hype........MP
    Climate change is real. The debate is whether or not man is playing any part in it.
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree of this one.

QuickJet
    Dude..maybe that crap you purposely poured into your lungs for 30 years made it to your brain and broke it.
    CC
    Perfect response!!!
    The fact that Ultra didn't understand it validates my claim.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast