Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rising waters

ULTRA26 # 1
    Perfect response!!!
    The fact that Ultra didn't understand it validates my claim.
    Your claim? Come on big guy let us lesser folks in on your oh so great wisdom.

Moneypitt
    AZM,
    Seems to me sanger rat meant when the Sun runs out of heat. Don't think the Sun can go Supernova.
    Regardless we have no control at all over the Sun.
    Climate change is real. The debate is whether or not man is playing any part in it.
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree of this one.
    OK John, FACT, the earth was cooler in 1998 than it was in 1934. Agree, disagree, it is a fact. Have algore explain that one.........Have a nice night
    ....MP
    PS Maybe the rising sea water is the earths way to limit the population. Less people, less polution.............

QuickJet
    Your claim? Come on big guy let us lesser folks in on your oh so great wisdom.
    That would be the claim of "Perfect response"
    That makes two responses that you didn't understand..................

sanger rat
    Oh you mean asit burns hotter and hotter.Yep that's what stars do,burn hotter and hotter until it burns off it's outer shell and becomes a red giant and eventually goes supernova. something that will eventually happen and there isn't one damned thing anyone can do about it.
    Bingo!

ULTRA26 # 1
    OK John, FACT, the earth was cooler in 1998 than it was in 1934. Agree, disagree, it is a fact. Have algore explain that one.........Have a nice night
    ....MP
    PS Maybe the rising sea water is the earths way to limit the population. Less people, less polution.............
    Fact. The earth is in a warming trend. Not my opinion Ray it's a fact.
    That would be the claim of "Perfect response"
    That makes two responses that you didn't understand..................
    Thanks

Schiada76
    Fact. The earth is in a warming trend. Not my opinion Ray it's a fact.
    Thanks
    No, most definitely NOT a fact.
    Some "experts" are predicting a cooling trend.

ULTRA26 # 1
    No, most definitely NOT a fact.
    Some "experts" are predicting a cooling trend.
    Sorry dude. This time you're wrong as evidenced by the polar caps melting.
    But then again I forgot. If I said the sky was blue you would say I was wrong.

Moneypitt
    Stranger still, NASA adopted a new technique in 2000 to calculate average annual temperatures. NASA essentially gave a 0.27 degrees Fahrenheit (0.15 degrees Centigrade) "bonus" to readings for the last seven years.
    However, Canadian statistical analyst Steve McIntyre of ClimateAudit.org caught NASA's mathematical mistake. After the space agency admitted and corrected its glitch, America's warmest year shifted from 1998 to 1934. Global-warming enthusiasts should clarify why America was hotter during the less-developed Great Depression, yet cooler in purportedly carbon-choked 1998.
    Warming??.........C'mon John. It is not warming. It isn't changing enough to make any difference at all. The ice caps are actully thicker than they have ever been, at least since scientific data has been gathered. In fact, the ice cores show MORE carbon centuries ago, than now. ......MP

AzMandella
    AZM,
    Seems to me sanger rat meant when the Sun runs out of heat. Don't think the Sun can go Supernova.
    Actually that's how the lifespan of a star is. a star burns hotter and hotter throughout it's lifespan untill it exausts it's outer shell. then it blows off it's outer shell. If you have a friend into amature astronomy he can show you a planetary nebula. Which is what happens when it blows it outer shell off. If the inner core collapses it will go supernova which is basicly an implosion. either way a star does not gradually quit radiating heat but rather burns hotter until it exhausts itself. To make a long story short it will burn up the earth long before it does either. And when it does one or the other that will be the end of the solar system let alone the earth. But even our childrens, childrens, childrens, etc ,etc, willever see that it could be millions or billions of years down the line.

AzMandella
    I read an article by a scientist that reviewed the data that the scientists of Gores movie compiled and found a major flaw in it. They had not taken into account the sea currents and wind patterns for that year and yes it was shrinking on one side but that it was growing on the other side. From what I have read just like the hot and cold periods the icecaps grow and shrink. Just like the 70's when they were screaming the sky was falling and global cooling was coming. One of their indicators of that were that the icecaps were growing. I'm pretty sure in our lifetime you will hear it again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast