Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday meal traditions

Ziggy
    What is your Families traditional meal that Mom makes for Christmas?
    For me my families localized tradition from Germany makes several variations of German Sausages, Saurkraut, baked potato's w/spicy mustard sauce which we have on Christmas Eve. aka Heilige Abend.
    We also exchange and open gifts of Christmas Eve.

azgfboatgirl
    Tradition is breaking this year.. I'm buying the food and my daughter Mechelle is cooking. Finally mom gets a break after 21 years. oh yeah!
    Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn...this year..yum
    With Mimosa's because she's 21 now!! :rollside:
    We always open 1 gift on Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.

Tom Brown
    Snack box, coke, macaroni salad.

azgfboatgirl
    I guess we're the only 3 with traditions...LOL
    Eat...Drink and be Merry!! Then take a nap...... :rollside:

HM
    My traditional meal at my inlaws is to break out a can of whoop-ass on my brother-in-law followed with a tall glass of shut-the-hell-up for my father-in-law.

Ziggy
    What? no muffin? The world axis must be tilted
    We also have our own family Christmas at home...where we open the gifts we gave each other and from Santa on Christmas Morning.......the night before St.Nicholaus(the german santa) is who brought the gifts to Mom/dad's house. The kids always love/d the double dip part of all this

Mandelon
    Tom, Consider yourself invited to our house then.

Mrs. casean
    Our usual Christmas starts at the hubby's parents for Christmas eve and eat turkey or ham... this year ham... then open gifts at their house, then come home and wake up and Sean & I exchange gifts then either head to my dad's house for a brunch christmas or they come to our house. This year we are having our Christmas brunch w/ my dad's side at our house and I am making a Holiday Brunch Then we head to my mom's side to the grandparents and have either turkey or ham... and all the fixins. Way too much food in the end! Typical fixins are mashed potatoes, green bean cassarole, rolls, cranberries, yams, and whatever else they chose to have I'm ready for some tasty Christmas Dinners & my Christmas Brunch! Happy Holidays!

totenhosen
    What is your Families traditional meal that Mom makes for Christmas?
    For me my families localized tradition from Germany makes several variations of German Sausages, Saurkraut, baked potato's w/spicy mustard sauce which we have on Christmas Eve. aka Heilige Abend.
    We also exchange and open gifts of Christmas Eve.
    We usually have weinershinzel and blau kraut on Christmas Eve.
    Christmas Day a turkey and dumplings. This year I'm making a prime rib, with green bean casserole, salad and garlic mashed potatos.

al cole'holic
    It's all about Christmas eve, the kitchen turns into a fish market..seafood dishes all night

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast