Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are sidexsides still hot or have they jumped the shark?

LOWRIVER2
    As far as mini trophy trucks, they are already around : www.trophykart.com
    Problem is, they have'nt come out with the 250 cc edition they keep talking about and their drive system is'nt sand friendly.
    SXS's are'nt going away, the RZR's are blowing up at Glamis as they pretty much can climb anything stock. It takes less than $1300 to make those things run 80 mph on hard pack.
    I look at mine as a tool, gets you where you need to go, pretty slow in dunes but it makes you honest in driving techniques. If you can dune in a Rhino without rolling, you can dune in anything. Funny to see all the sand car and quad guys roll Rhinos because they powered over dunes incorrectly and can't with the whopping 23 hp of a Rhino.
    Sand cars are still tops for most fun in the sand but in hard pack, SXS's have approached the quad status as for the majority of dirt families owning them.

HP350SC
    Froggystyle, what order would you recommend putting on some of the popular options? Which ones are "must haves".

Froggystyle
    Froggystyle, what order would you recommend putting on some of the popular options? Which ones are "must haves".
    If I only did one thing it would be the long travel kit. I looked all over for the best one, and found it from a board member believe it or not who owns Long Travel Rhino (www.longtravelrhino.com) .
    It got seemingly twice as stable, WAY WAY WAY better off road manners and goes over whoops like a mid-travel buggy. I have King shocks and such, which is what they recommend.
    If you do nothing else... that is an unfortunately expensive but hugely worth it expense. It took it from a narrow, slightly tippy toy to a real off-road monster. I couldn't be happier.
    It won't fit in the bed of a truck anymore, but they barely do stock anyway, and this is way worth the trade off. It also makes it too wide for strictly quad trails, but it is pretty much too wide for them anyway IMO and the places I ride don't have restricted gates like some spots.
    At the very least, get offset rims. Every bit helps. If you get offset rims with the LT kit, you end up with a 17" wider track total. Offset rims alone will get you about 5".
    The no-brainer is harnesses. I don't even count them because it is so obvious. Do that no matter what. Suspension seats are a huge help too. The PRP's are great, as are many others. They make covers for the stock seats, but that is not the deal. Suspension seats do what they say, suspend your ass in a sling of material and it really smooths out the big bumps. In combo with a LT kit, it is twice the vehicle from a driveability standpoint.
    The list goes on and on from there. I really like the BF Goodrich tires we run too. Really, really nice for the hardpack we ride on and they rock-crawl way better than the ATV tires you can get. Pricey, but again worth it...
    BTW... I just dragged down a sponsorship with KMC on some new rims and tires for it, so these ones are going to be for sale. DOT legal and hugely better quality than ATV tires. Just throwing that out there...
    PM me if you want anything more specific.

superdave013
    Mr. Frog, I've been checking out those lights and their web site. Very nice and I get the idea they are doing.
    I'm coming out with my own deal for MTB use. I'll send you a set to try when I get them done. Will be like 747 landing lights on your bars with a dose of DC10 landing lights on your lid. haha

Froggystyle
    Mr. Frog, I've been checking out those lights and their web site. Very nice and I get the idea they are doing.
    I'm coming out with my own deal for MTB use. I'll send you a set to try when I get them done. Will be like 747 landing lights on your bars with a dose of DC10 landing lights on your lid. haha
    I'm in! I have the HID's from Night Rider right now and am pretty impressed. Can't wait to see what you have.

Sportin' Wood
    I'm in! I have the HID's from Night Rider right now and am pretty impressed. Can't wait to see what you have.
    I co-drove this beast today at the Glen helen race with Jeremy McGrath. What a total blast. We raced it in class one but DNF'd early with a broken spindle. Very fun car,..... I want one of my own.
    http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...owtopic=113932
    Thanks for the info guys it helped me with my research.
    Here is the race report.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...wpost&t=637643

Froggystyle
    I co-drove this beast today at the Glen helen race with Jeremy McGrath. What a total blast. We raced it in class one but DNF'd early with a broken spindle. Very fun car,..... I want one of my own.
    http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...owtopic=113932
    Thanks for the info guys it helped me with my research.
    Here is the race report.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...wpost&t=637643
    Can you post some pics that are not linked to GD? You need a membership to see them...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    So, what? does it cost money to join or something? Sheesh!

Trailer Park Casanova
    Ron Seidner, the owner or Berts comes by our campsite and says he can't keep Rhinos in stock.
    He sells everyone he can get.
    Our local Yamaha dealer says Rhinos last on his floor about a day.
    We're buying the new Kawasaki Teryx 750 V twin.
    Early reports are stock it's very stabil, RZr performance and can handle full speed donuts.
    http://www.kawasaki.com/ImagesMain/P...00886115e0.jpg
    Hope to keep it to just a back seat, top and full roll cage for budget sakes.
    Probably will have no more than $13K invested if even that.
    At least that's the plan.
    I see no compairson to Jeeps, though we love jeeps.
    The SxS are toys, and that's what we intend to use it for.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast