Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: So who are you voting for??

CoolCruzinCobra
    None of the Demos will get my vote.
    Rudy sound good

Tremor Therapy
    Not to stir the waters or anything, but the only person I would vote for at this time would be Colin L. Powell. I have always had a great amount of respect for him and his opinions, and even when I disagreed with his point of view, it was easy to see that he man had conviction in his thoughts and words.
    Now the person that is going to get elected is going to be the one who will finally tackle the illegal alien issue, the troops/Iraq issue, and one that shows up with an actual plan to get the economy going again. There are real some tough issues coming up, and we are going to need someone who can handle them. God help us if Billary or Guilliani get there first, because we will be doomed! :sqeyes:

HDF WATERDOG
    I'd vote for Powell twice if I could.

redneckcharlie
    I was hoping to hear more from Bill Richardson.. He started out being a guy closest to what I wanted, but he's been off the charts the past couple of months..
    I live in NM where Richardson is Governor. I can go on for days with the crap he has done to this state! The man is a very good politician, and that is all he is. He will flat put it to his constituents to further his own gain. His entire platform was that of his predecessor, Gov. Gary Johnson. He has done a classic bait and switch in this state with raising every fee from MVD to hunting permits. His "tax cuts" were not even that, they were rebates to the people of NM. The extremely small amount that was given back to the citizens of NM in rebates was expotenially made back on the other side.

CARLSON-JET
    I'm leaning just a little towards Paul.

redneckcharlie
    Not to stir the waters or anything, but the only person I would vote for at this time would be Colin L. Powell. I have always had a great amount of respect for him and his opinions, and even when I disagreed with his point of view, it was easy to see that he man had conviction in his thoughts and words.
    Now the person that is going to get elected is going to be the one who will finally tackle the illegal alien issue, the troops/Iraq issue, and one that shows up with an actual plan to get the economy going again. There are real some tough issues coming up, and we are going to need someone who can handle them. God help us if Billary or Guilliani get there first, because we will be doomed! :sqeyes:
    I'd have to agree with you Colin Powell is a respectable man, but he's way to smart to have his reputation sullied with the likes of what we have on Capital Hill!

homelessinaz
    While I don't agree with everything McCain stands for, I think he's the only one with a very important quality that I would like, but never see in politicians . . . integrity. He doesn't change his views based on the polls. If he doesn't really have integrity, he sure is a better actor than the rest of them. Don't know who I'm voting for yet, but I guess I'd better make up my mind soon. :idea:
    If you live in Arizona you no doubt HAVE to have seen McCain change his views on immigration. At first he and Senator Kennedy came out for comprehensive immigration reform but were ultimately swayed by the racist rhetoric expressed by a small but vocal minority of "minutemen" (klansmen is more like it). He went from talking about helping migrants get on a legal path to citizenship to just echoing what all the rednecks were calling for, a useless effort to "secure the border".
    He adopted a controversial stance based on his knowledge of the subject, a stance based on reason and logic, but ultimately he was forced to reverse his stance because of public opinion. He's now with the anti-immigrant crowd.
    At first I saw a lot of character in McCain because of his ability to work across the aisle on issues like campaign finance reform, but after he reversed himself on immigration reform to help his presidential campaign I lost all faith in McCain. If he's willing to appease bigots and xenophobes to advance his own interests, he isn't a man of the people.
    Homeless

homelessinaz
    Democrats are trying to make it mandatory for small business to supply health
    care to employees ...... and how about that family leave act, to allow employees to come and go as they please.
    How about the minimum wage, always trying to increase it when its meant for
    unskilled entry employees.
    Yea democrats are great for small business!!
    Democrats are trying to make it EASIER to get benefits for your employees if you're a small business owner. Two of the top Republican contenders (Romney and Huckabee) are intimating that they'd make it mandatory for people to buy thier own health insurance, and Romney has already made it mandatory for people to buy their own health insurance as the governor of Massachusetts. If that's going to happen, what's the difference?
    If you want to get right down to it, Dems are the only ones talking about having a government funded public healthcare system, which would finally take the burden of providing health insurance off of the employer, and wouldn't that be good?
    FMLA: An employer covered by FMLA is any person engaged in commerce or
    in any industry or activity affecting commerce, who employs 50 or more
    employees for each working day during each of 20 or more calendar
    workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year. In other words, if you don't employ at least 50 employees, it doesn't apply to you. Surely if you can employ 50 people you can make arrangements to let the ones who have just given birth take a few weeks off, can't you? As an employer you are entitled to expect certain things from employees, but do you REALLY think you're entitled to expect them to shoot out babies on their lunch break and be back on the clock by 1PM? Where are YOUR family values?
    Surely you must agree that even an unskilled entry level employee should be able to take care of their family, unless you are of the opinion that unskilled entry level employees shouldn't be permitted to breed...don't forget, if the peasants aren't allowed to breed they'll eventually die out, and then you'll be stuck trying to get the emancipation proclaimation reversed so you can get your slaves back. Wouldn't it just be easier to let the peasants breed?
    In a land as rich as America, where the top 1% hold 33% of the wealth, we can afford to have a little wealth redistribution so that the basic needs of the least of us can be met. We have people who have no place to sleep and nothing to eat, and then we have billionaires who have a different yacht for each day of the week, who have more money than they have spoiled children to blow it on cocaine and $1000 purses.
    I know that when you hear talk like this you probably imagine that I am trying to suggest that YOU should have to do with less so that others can have more, and I'll bet that's because YOU actually think that YOU are a member of the upper class. You at least think that you are a member of the middle class, right?
    I hate to burst your bubble, but if you are sitting in a boating chatroom on Saturday instead of dropping one of your mistresses off on Rodeo Drive and then jumping into your private helicopter to go meet with the Trilateral Commission, you aren't a member of the upper class.
    I know you have a watercraft and an LCD screen TV in your SUV, and maybe you even own a few pieces of property, but you are most likely a petty bourgeois who is proud of the basic luxuries that you are able to afford. You are made to feel like you are member of the upper middle class so that you will vote with the interests of the upper class in mind, but trust me, if we were to redistribute the wealth of this nation, more than 90% of us would gain, not lose. The distribution of wealth is THAT lopsided, so stop worrying about the common people running off with all your precious treasures, you'd benefit too.
    Homeless

cdog
    None of the Demos will get my vote.
    Rudy sound good
    rudys a demorat in a republicans suit. That guy's a douche bag. Fuk rudy! Either give me a real republican or prepare for hitlery.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...eatsbabies.jpg

WestTNRiverRat
    Where do you homeless people get all the good weed?
    I can tell you're as fuked up as a tree lizard.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast