Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Daytona,Anyone?

Wazoo
    you mentioned it was a light boat, surprised to see those big stringers in there. Have you thought about weighing it on a scale?
    What are the fasteners coming through the side of the center sponson? post a pic of the bottom if possible, thanks.
    Has been on a scale. 550lbs with a small amount of hardware. 25lbs? The stringers are only 1 inch wide. 1 and 1/2 thick transom. Did you notice the cutouts in the bulkheads. The hull is Kevlar, that's why the floor is yellow. There is some strange sh%$ going on with the bottom.:idea: That's all coming off. Looks like the makings of a possible blow over. Here's your pics.http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/DSC01593.jpg

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    do you think you could make it run 110mph and look new with a budget of say.....$13,500??? That wont include the price of the motor of course, just the hull, pump, interior and all the fixins to just drop a motor in and go. What year is your boat? Looks like a 1984.
    rondane
    How about a pic of YOUR BOAT:idea: Lets see what you can do with $13,500..................

Warp Speed
    How about a pic of YOUR BOAT:idea: Lets see what you can do with $13,500..................
    I bet it wouldn't have much intake, but plenty of exhaust!!!!!!
    Warp Speed

Jetaholic
    Tom at JBP specializes in converting these things from outboard to jet from what I hear.

cyclone
    Has been on a scale. 550lbs with a small amount of hardware. 25lbs? The stringers are only 1 inch wide. 1 and 1/2 thick transom. Did you notice the cutouts in the bulkheads. The hull is Kevlar, that's why the floor is yellow. There is some strange sh%$ going on with the bottom.:idea: That's all coming off. Looks like the makings of a possible blow over. Here's your pics.http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/DSC01593.jpg
    Bolt-on lift..that's the second time i've seen that mod.
    the first guy had a variant of those angles bolted to his keel and sponsons and told me it made the boat run dry as can be, but went no quicker. Interesting. glad to see someone trying new things. I wonder how well it worked on the wacker.

mouzer
    Wow i guess thats not uncommon to put that angle alum. down each tunnel,the nordic tunnel i sold was a outboard being converted to jet and it had the exact same angled alum. underneath.

Tom did mine

Wazoo
    Maybe I should add a intake duct! Just kidding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123