Thread: anyone using a legend pump?

svtrich
    still dont know which pump to buy.I used a legend impillar in a berkeley and that worked great but what about a whole legend pump with short droop.
    Richard

jacuzer
    Legend makes an excellent pump. The highest quality on the market bar none. You pay more for the quality. I believe they are the most expensive out there.
    Their biggest problem is that they decided to be different on their bolt pattern on the nozzle so you will have to use their droop snoot.
    The bowl also uses 3/8 bolts instead of 1/2 but that can be changed easy enough.
    After reading your other posts, I don't know why you would be looking for a whole new pump. A good used berkeley suction piece is going to be a lot cheaper even if you pay premium. I would think that your breakage came from another problem and not the HP you are making. Other boats out there with double your HP that are not breaking their pumps.
    just my 2 cents

Aluminum Squirt
    I'm using a Legend with a B impeller and love it. So far no problems, even with all of the sand and rocks I run through it. I've got a Legend diverter with hydraulic controls if you are interrested (the hydraulic lines need to be replaced thanx to my two black labs). I pulled the diverter off because I'm running a white water nozzle with no reverse now. The white water crowd seem to like the Legends as well. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt

Jungle Boy
    I have one in my old boat. We installed a Bekley bowl on it after change bolt size and locations. I've never had a lick of troubles with it.

ChetCapoli
    Yup, i am!
    CHET

Cas
    Richard,
    If you're intested, we're having a pretty good sized get together on Aug 23/24 at Tower Park near Lodi. There's going to be a couple of pretty well known pump builders there that you could ask all the questions you'd like. There's also going to be about 50 others with just about every set-up you could imagine to look at and find out about.

svtrich
    Hi Steve
    who do know thats going to be there?
    Richard

HotHallet
    Legend makes a great pump. Former Berk employees make them.

Cas
    Rich,
    Walt from Walt's Hot Boat Service will most likely be there for Saturday only, Jim of Performance Jet will be there for the whole weekend along with 3 or 4 past and current drag boat racers and many people from this board and the Banderlog board. Come to think of it, everyone there will be from one board or the other.
    We have people coming from Washington, Oregon, a couple of different cities in Nevada and people from So CA. Most of the people though are from right here in No CA.
    Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we'll have just about every one of the popular pumps represented in the group.