Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: A thought or 22 about Democrat's........

ULTRA26 # 1
    The simple fact that you might believe any of this, which you posted is absolute confirmation of everything I said.
    You are the PERFECT democrat!
    Fact is, you might just be a senator from New York for all we know?
    Learn this one simple fact of society since the world was populated:
    80% of the people will always have 20% of the goods and the other 20% of them will always have 80%. Governments have tried to re-distribute using every possible method and means. The percentages rebound to prove themselves despite it all. Some just work harder, save better, invest wiser and, when faced with them, take greater risks in an effort to live better than others. It's an age old principal that will last the eons of time. You can't legislate it away.
    In your own example, please know that Mr. Williams PURCHASED the land from the tribe. Fair market value was received by the grantor of the land in exchange for the property surrendered. How was that unfair? Was there a gun to the head of the entire tribe?
    Oh, and it's ultimate value was, and continues to be created by the grantee's hard work although that may have also escaped your liberal grasp?
    You are the PERFECT democrat!
    Sorry Doc, but Homeless goes way beyond Democrat, which he doesn't even claim to be. Much farther left than most mainstream Dems.

donzi5150
    I started this thread to show a point.....Dems for the most part vote and support the 22 points or points like that are listed, the list was sent to me by a buddy of mine who served with me and is still serving this country........Not all dems but many support and will vote on these issues above all other!
    These issues only directly effect a minority of this country but the dems make it a focal point to elections cause they get a lot of mileage in the left bent media......If we don't protect our boarders, country, civilians and economy we cannot work on these lesser issues. Dems, you need to stand up with guys like Liberman, Roosevelt, Truman, etc...and quit focusing on issues like the 22 listed and stand strong so that they can be worked on!:idea:

donzi5150
    To All My Democrat Friends: Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditionsat all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
    To My Republican Friends: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

ULTRA26 # 1
    I started this thread to show a point.....Dems for the most part vote and support the 22 points or points like that are listed, the list was sent to me by a buddy of mine who served with me and is still serving this country........Not all dems but many support and will vote on these issues above all other!
    These issues only directly effect a minority of this country but the dems make it a focal point to elections cause they get a lot of mileage in the left bent media......If we don't protect our boarders, country, civilians and economy we cannot work on these lesser issues. Dems, you need to stand up with guys like Liberman, Roosevelt, Truman, etc...and quit focusing on issues like the 22 listed and stand strong so that they can be worked on!:idea:
    If we don't protect our boarders, country, civilians and economy we cannot work on these lesser issues.
    These are the issues and I don't know a Democrat or Republican that doesn't agree.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you as well.

The Doctor
    If we don't protect our boarders, country, civilians and economy we cannot work on these lesser issues.
    These are the issues and I don't know a Democrat or Republican that doesn't agree.
    I totally agree that there are many other very important issues facing us today. That being said, when we should all be able to agree to disagree on some things without compromising lasting friendships.
    So to you Ultra:
    May I return to you a wish for the same Merry Christmas and hope for a Happy and Prosperous New Year for you and yours.

Old Texan
    Like these threads, our politicians and others too often take off on tangents like gun control, gay rights, abortion, etc. In your opinion are these special interest campaign topics or issues intened to move the focus off the core issues?
    I sometimes wonder why the debates focus on in my opinion these lesser topics.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Like these threads, our politicians and others too often take off on tangents like gun control, gay rights, abortion, etc. In your opinion are these special interest campaign topics or issues intened to move the focus off the core issues?
    I sometimes wonder why the debates focus on in my opinion these lesser topics.
    Tex,
    You've raised a good question that I really can't answer. IMO, the topics you mentioned are what I consider fringe topics and have little to do with the major issues this country faces. Both the Republicans and Democrats seem to find it more comfortable to discuss the simplistic BS topics instead of the real issues. Sorry I couldn't provide a more definite answer.
    Merry Christmas you and your family Tex.

Schiada76
    OH YEAH! Just who are you accusing of going off on a tangent!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!

redneckcharlie
    I'll second this!

donzi5150
    So it sounds like my comments got us all united......I am not sure if Blown would agree.....we will have to see......but Ultra you have to look at these 22points and see that the left, especially, list these as the top of their campaign, but it looks like we all agree that the core should be focused on our borders, world security, civilian protection, economy and growth......Lets all go out an educate the fringe and get the country back on track!
    I do believe there is really not a huge a gap as the media plays up between the left and right....it's just the fringe crap has a lot of money, feels good to some and gets a lot of traction.......I just wish the majority voted focused on 300 million Americans and not whether their neighbor's friend can or cannot have an abortion!:idea:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast