Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel?

LaveyJet
    How would you feel if your name and salary were listed in the local news paper?
    Using the freedom of information act, the local “Rag” The San Bernardino Sun, has done just that. Every employee who works for the County of San Bernardino is listed, not elected officials but every employee, all 18913. Why? I can understand if they listed job classifications and the corresponding salaries, but why do the need to list the employees’ names? I think this an invasion of privacy and for what reason?
    Any thoughts?

Jbb
    Up until about 3 years ago.....The Public Transit Agency I work for published every employee's job title and salary ...from the CEO down ...in the newspaper once a year...:jawdrop:

justfloatn
    I would be pissed
    In the age if identity theft someone should have the editors azz. Nothing like becoming a target for scumbags thanks to the local paper.
    Was the article about salaries being too high?

sangervdrive
    I think it has to do with tax payers wanting to know where the county money is going. In my opinion they should make anyone who really wants to know go to the county office or somewhere and look in the file.
    This could result in some thievery or vandalism if you ask me.?

topless
    How would you feel if your name and salary were listed in the local news paper?
    Using the freedom of information act, the local “Rag” The San Bernardino Sun, has done just that. Every employee who works for the County of San Bernardino is listed, not elected officials but every employee, all 18913. Why? I can understand if they listed job classifications and the corresponding salaries, but why do the need to list the employees’ names? I think this an invasion of privacy and for what reason?
    Any thoughts?This is all I found
    http://www.sbsun.com/search/ci_76879...-www.sbsun.com

LaveyJet
    Up until about 3 years ago.....The Public Transit Agency I work for published every employee's job title and salary ...from the CEO down ...in the newspaper once a year...:jawdrop:
    I don't have a problem with that as long as they don't print your name. Job title and salary is public info, printing individual names is too persomal and in poor taste.

Moneypitt
    Is this the first time, or the first time you have noticed it?......If it is the first time, it sounds as though a "County" employee pissed off some one at the "rag"......Could be a speeding ticket or a permit denied. Still not right, but probablly legal since they included everyone.....A single disclosure would more than likely be illegal, and classified as vindictive...........MP

LaveyJet
    This is all I found
    http://www.sbsun.com/search/ci_76879...-www.sbsun.com
    They have a link to an excell file

topless
    They have a link to an excell fileHmmm Interesting...........wrong but interesting.

syke-o
    is it really that big of a deal??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast