Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I felt horrible

QuickJet
    I leave mine on as well for bumper protection in case of an accident. And yes I've smacked my shin on it a few times as well.
    I might be rethinking things though after reading a few responses.

grads2112
    I just went outside and removed mine. Never realized it was illegal. I'd hate to be out driving around all liquered up and get pulled over for something stupid like that or worse yet have the cops search the car and find my loaded gun and smoke under the seat.

Moneypitt
    I just went outside and removed mine. Never realized it was illegal. I'd hate to be out driving around all liquered up and get pulled over for something stupid like that or worse yet have the cops search the car and find my loaded gun and smoke under the seat.
    Any vehicle code violation is "probable cause" for a traffic stop. It can really go down hill from there. The idea of covering your rear plate with the ball is really looking for trouble, and I don't think that is only a fix it ticket.. If you have lost your key you can open the lock with a pen knife, real simple locks on most of them. Also, try anyone else's key, alot of them are the same....MP

phebus
    In Ca. you can get a ticket for leaving your trailer hitch in. Trust me. CHP gave me a piece of paper sayn so.
    In AZ, we leave them in and use them for machine gun mounts. Both legal.

2manymustangs
    Sweet! I'm puttin my house up for sale and moving to AZ... Machine guns and John McCain, yippy!!!

I have an idea . Why dont people stay the fuk away from my hitch and we wont have any issues !

HM
    The idea of covering your rear plate with the ball is really looking for trouble, and I don't think that is only a fix it ticket..
    All my LEO relatives and friends think it is funny. And it is only a fix it ticket. Could be two fix it tickets(hitch and obstructing the plate). Unlike many of you that are worried about being pulled over because it can "go down hill" from there...the only thing I get busted for is an occasional speeding ticket...which, BTW, many times I just get a warning for the speeding and get a fix-it ticket instead. I'll take that any day. On another car, I had a reflective cover over the rear plate, no front plate, and tinted side mirrors and radared at 85 MPH in a 50 MPH zone by the CHP. I made the guy laugh, he warned me on the speed and gave me 3 fix-it tickets. I think the front plate one had a $10 fine. I'll take "looking for trouble" any day. If it is a slow day, I might get hassled but it hasn't happened in 24 years. The hitch is a lot less conspicuous than the reflective cover I used to run....which was a fix-it ticket. And someone has to be having a bad day to hassle someone over something like this....or you are someone that looks like if they pull you over it can "go down hill".

Schiada76

squirt'nmyload
    it won't really matter for me to take the hitch out. i like to throw my beer cans and cig butts out the window when i'm done with them and point my gun at people driving slow in the fast lane

RiverDave
    So the wife sends me out to pick up our Christmas Cards she ordered last night. I am coming out of the store, walking towards my truck, when I see a crowd around the back looking at my truck. I think great someone backed into my truck. As I get closer I see they are paying more attention to an old lady than my truck. I walk up and ask, what’s going on. “Is this your truck” another lady asks. “Yes” I answer. She responds with,
    “Well it’s not your fault but this woman tripped over your hitch and hit her face on your bumper, breaking her glasses, on the way down.”
    I felt like SHIOT. She was about 70 years old. I took that dam hitch out and threw it in the cab right there. I offered to help cover the glasses, but she said “No”.
    I have busted my shin a few times on it. But I nerver thought that could happen and I will never leave that dam thing in again.
    That sucks... I always leave mine in becuase jackass drivers hit it before the bumper of my truck. I'd feel awful is some ole lady did a face plant because of it though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast