Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I felt horrible

Sweet Addiction
    You're f'n lucky, that sucks it was an old lady, if it was someone younger you'd probably be getting sued with the way society is today.
    that's what I was thinking. I have heard it done before.

Jetaholic
    Anyone know how to get them off???

A die grinder and about 2-3 minutes. Worked for me.

HM
    A die grinder and about 2-3 minutes. Worked for me.
    I took one off with a 5lb sledge with two whacks.

LAFD
    i have mine in all the time. has saved my trucks back end a few times from people rolling forward at lights. in your case its just a freak accident and it was cool of you to offer to pay. hopfully she is ok..

jh4rt
    Dood, she could have just as easily tripped over a curb or a rock or something else. It's humble and nice for you to offer to pay for her glasses, but certainly not your responsiblity. What if it was holding your wheelchair carrier, would that have been ok?
    I think you are a nice guy. There should be more caring people like you in the world, but do we really have to live in fear of a lawsuit our whole lives?
    --j

Jbb
    Dood, she could have just as easily tripped over a curb or a rock or something else. It's humble and nice for you to offer to pay for her glasses, but certainly not your responsiblity. What if it was holding your wheelchair carrier, would that have been ok?
    I think you are a nice guy. There should be more caring people like you in the world, but do we really have to live in fear of a lawsuit our whole lives?
    --j
    Hmmmm...not sure on that one...I think a case could be made......I have heard of it happening.....Perhaps our presiding Judge could render an opinion...
    I bet in court he would be assigned responsibility for her injuries.......and I bet his Ins company would not want to see it go to court.

RitcheyRch
    I leave mine in all the time as well. Think there was a thread awhile back that it might be against the law.
    i have mine in all the time. has saved my trucks back end a few times from people rolling forward at lights. in your case its just a freak accident and it was cool of you to offer to pay. hopfully she is ok..

grads2112
    Obviously the glasses weren't worth a damn in the first place if she couldn't see the hitch. Tell her to get out of the way before you back over her.

Mandelon
    Obviously the glasses weren't worth a damn in the first place if she couldn't see the hitch. Tell her to get out of the way before you back over her.
    Sheesh. Ain't you Mr Wonderful...

delemorte
    this is why one has an umbrella policy... preventing frivilous liability suits.
    That was cool of you but i would not have offered her anything beyond a hand up. people need to be more carefull. glad she was ok though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast