Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best way to lift a boat from the trailer...

Riverat84
    forklift from behind
    (alloy boats only)
    haha that doesnt help us glass men! ive seen that, and wish it could be done w/ my jet...maybe...?
    Reid

cave
    If I ever do it I'm gunna launch it behind my house. Dock it and stay up for as long as it sits there. Neighbors may get back at me for starting it once a week.
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ackofpad-1.jpg

Unchained
    I've done it before using nothing but the tongue jack and a pile of wood blocks.
    Crank the jack all the way down,
    put a block pile under the very back of the hull at the transom ,
    crank the jack all the way up,
    put a block pile under the keel about 12' forward of the transom.
    roll the trailer ahead a little until you hit a crossmember, jack and reblock, roll ahead, etc.
    You can use a floor jack to help rearrange block piles.

soulboater#1
    now you guys got me curious-I need my sled off the trailer to redo the bunks.Yeah i have been told to make the bunks,launch the boat and then do whatca gotta do. Me-I would want to make it perfect and not rush the job. Might want to take a few days to do the job.

Xerophobic
    haha that doesnt help us glass men! ive seen that, and wish it could be done w/ my jet...maybe...?
    Reid
    Sorry I should have clarified further.... loooooong forks
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/forks.JPG

Riverat84
    good god! i want a forklift now...that would help so much...just like sean(mr.crusader83) i dont wanna have to pull my motor just for that reason, im going to get ALOT of metalwork done, then get it either powdercoated white, or shot in white imron, the shit that they use for bigrigs. thanx for that pic, thats crazy!
    Reid

Riverat84
    I've done it before using nothing but the tongue jack and a pile of wood blocks.
    Crank the jack all the way down,
    put a block pile under the very back of the hull at the transom ,
    crank the jack all the way up,
    put a block pile under the keel about 12' forward of the transom.
    roll the trailer ahead a little until you hit a crossmember, jack and reblock, roll ahead, etc.
    You can use a floor jack to help rearrange block piles.
    OKAY...that sounds sketchy, but much easier!... i would love some pics for this, actually alot, if you have them...what dimensions of the wood blocks, etc.? if this is something i can do in my storage spot, then im all for it!...i dont like the idea of my V on just wood blocks tho, maybe tires covered in beach/bath towels? maybe someone can help me and ill pay in lots and lots of beer? :idea:

BLEWBAYOU1
    I use a winch for the stern by lifting the motor and engine puller for the bow. That's it!!! By lifting the engine still bolted up that's 8/10ths of the weight right there. Thats how I changed by bunks by myself,very easy.
    Brian

Riverat84
    I use a winch for the stern by lifting the motor and engine puller for the bow. That's it!!! By lifting the engine still bolted up that's 8/10ths of the weight right there. Thats how I changed by bunks by myself,very easy.
    Brian
    ok so the stringers wont rip off when its lifted up by the engine? thats what i was scared of...im down with that for sure, but what winch on the back do you mean?

BLEWBAYOU1
    Not at all ,The boat is lighter than the motor and the stringers support the motor so no problem at all!!!
    Brian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast