Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I crazy?

BrendellaJet
    I know what you mean. I dont know too much about Jacuzzi pumps. But like you said I would like to see one modified as much as some of the other pumps are, and compared.
    Thats what Im thinking.The mods are done, I just need to get the stones to pulla berk out of my boat and install a jacuzzi... Seems kinda backward but what if?

pw_Tony

Josh@JBP
    Thats what Im thinking.The mods are done, I just need to get the stones to pulla berk out of my boat and install a jacuzzi... Seems kinda backward but what if?
    Just leave the intake in and redrill the Berkeley intake for the Jacuzzi pattern, I dont think there would be enuf difference between the Jac intake you posted and a Berk intake (with the same type of loader and shoe) to hurt your test. The opening is aproximatly the same size, same attack angle. I've heared of people redrilling the Berkeley suction to fit on the jacuzzi intake. It would be really easy to swap back if the tests didn't favor the jacuzzi.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...h/DSCF0139.jpg

I see some possible interferences with bolt hole locations on that deal. Might want to mock everything up including the transom adapter before you start drilling holes in the intake and boat.

BrendellaJet
    Wow, I never would have thought about that. Ill have to check it out. Good idea.

Josh@JBP
    I see some possible interferences with bolt hole locations on that deal. Might want to mock everything up including the transom adapter before you start drilling holes in the intake and boat.
    A couple of berkeley bolt holes may have to be sacrificed for the greater good, a bolt and nut combo will fix that

Mike D..
    Just leave the intake in and redrill the Berkeley intake for the Jacuzzi pattern, I dont think there would be enuf difference between the Jac intake you posted and a Berk intake (with the same type of loader and shoe) to hurt your test. The opening is aproximatly the same size, same attack angle. I've heared of people redrilling the Berkeley suction to fit on the jacuzzi intake. It would be really easy to swap back if the tests didn't favor the jacuzzi.
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...h/DSCF0139.jpg
    My dads boat had berk bolted to jacuzzi intake, dad did not know when he bought boat and he said it ran okay. Someone redrilled holes and it bolted right up. We climbed under and looked and it, it had few steps where they meet. Dad swears for a daycruiser it ran just fine with no ill handeling

BrendellaJet
    Okay, after thinking about that, while it would save a lot of time and energy, I dont want to mix parts. I want solid reliable results from the comparison so if this happens Ill do the full swap including intake. I dont want people saying the Jacuzzi hauled the mail because it had a berk intake...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12