Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does Child Support work?

73kona455
    Men dont get SH%T
    U got that right...i have raised my son since he was 8 months old.. he turned 15 last sept... my ex has to pay $26 a weeks support .. and $4 a week of that goes to pay on here $13,000 arrearage...lol .. wish i could get a $13G loan for $16 a month......

topless
    It's very simple to figure it out. Use this
    http://www.kinseylaw.com/CLIENT%20SE...ml#anchor72147

WestTNRiverRat
    Are they your kids? Then raise them. What if she died, there is no monthly payment there.
    Well er...actually there is. Each child gets a monthly Social Security check based on the amount of Social Security the parent paid since they started working. My sister's ex husband died two years ago and each of her boys receive $1805 a month direct deposited into my sister's checking account the 2nd Wednesday of the month. They get it till age 18 or until they graduate high school which ever comes first.
    Hint, Hint...

Strippoker
    My sister's ex husband died two years ago and each of her boys receive $1805 a month direct deposited into my sister's checking account the 2nd Wednesday of the month. They get it till age 18 or until they graduate high school which ever comes first.
    Hint, Hint...
    Exactly the husband died not the wife. Sad thing to happen but the way this state works if the ex wife was to die you would be luck if the state sent flowers to the kids little lone give the ex husband a dime. You have to rember the husband is the peice of crap in the system no matter how you sugar coat it.

CBadDad
    You gotta get it in writing fellas. If my wife leaves, I get $5k a month.
    What happens if you toss her out?

WestTNRiverRat
    Exactly the husband died not the wife. Sad thing to happen but the way this state works if the ex wife was to die you would be luck if the state sent flowers to the kids little lone give the ex husband a dime. You have to rember the husband is the peice of crap in the system no matter how you sugar coat it.
    It's Federal. Called Social Security Survivor benefits. If she never got to draw Social Security her dependent children get a portion of what she paid in. The ex won't get shit but her dependent children will.
    If a loved one has died and you are eligible for survivor's benefits, you should contact the SSA right away. If you're already receiving benefits based on your spouse's earnings record, the SSA will change your payments to survivor's benefits (if your children are receiving benefits, their benefits will be changed, too). But if you're not yet receiving any Social Security benefits or if you're receiving benefits based on your own earnings record, you'll have to fill out an application for survivor's benefits.
    It's helpful to have the following documents when you apply, but if you don't have all the information required, the SSA can help you get it:
    * Proof of death (a death certificate or funeral home notice)
    * Your Social Security number, as well as the deceased worker's number
    * Your birth certificate
    * Your marriage certificate, if you're a widow or widower
    * Your divorce papers, if applicable
    * Dependent children's Social Security numbers, if available
    * The name of your bank, as well as your account numbers, for direct deposit

topless
    If we divorce. I get the kids and the money. Doesn't matter who leaves who. She wouldn't fight it, I'm pretty sure.Famous last words. :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
    If we divorce. I get the kids and the money. Doesn't matter who leaves who. She wouldn't fight it, I'm pretty sure.
    Famous last words.

topless
    Famous last words.I've heard that somewhere before.

topless
    I fully expect that she would honor her commitments.
    A woman scorned will do things you can't imagine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast