Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual Drive Jet pumps!

Froggystyle
    I got an opportunity to take a ride in one of Harold Bruce's dual jet projects this week, and was completely blown away. I rode in a 25' V bottom that flat hauled ass out of the hole, and all the way through the mid 60's. Made my boat look slow from 0-30. I also rode in the stock-powered 21' Ultra they had and it too was amazing.
    I am definitely going to be retrofitting my boat soon, so on that note... does anyone have an extra jet suction piece/shaft/bowl they wish to sell? I have the impellers and diverters already, and the kit comes with the intake and drive unit.
    I can't wait. It was really cool.
    Squirts up!

RandyH
    Hi Froggy,
    Sounds like you ran into something that you liked here. Did the Ultra have the same bottom as your
    XS. What kind of Mills did they have and top speeds. Will you have to move your motor forward for the gear box?
    Thanks Froggy and keep us posted.
    Randy

Froggystyle
    No, the Ultra has the older bottom with some hook. It was a 21 LX from a while back. It was powered by a stock 502 with some hours on it, and ran awesome. I never got a top speed with it because Havasu was so choppy, but would imagine it was in the 60's.
    The other had a 650 hp big block not running well. Timing was off, and fuel was off, but otherwise pulled like a bat out of hell.
    I don't know if I am going to have to move the motor or not. It was one hell of a ride, I'll tell you that...

565edge
    Dont they use two smaller diameter bowls and suction and mount to one intake,i saw that ultra at ming and it looks impressive.

Bense468
    I also saw it at ming and no they are using standard equip. bowls at stuff. You are right on the intake though. At ming a few weeks ago I talked to Harold and they were going to be setting up a bigger boat with a helicoptor rotor motor and try that. He also said that they were going to be testing a blown fuel drag boat with those setups in a few weeks and you will see it out next year at the races.

Froggystyle
    I actually got to drive the 21' Ultra, and I wrang it out trying to get it to suck air and it wouldn't. It behaved just like a standard setup, but with twice the holeshot... literally!
    Both pumps were standard, running "C" impellers.

Jet2Riv
    Hey Froggy,
    It was real nice to meet you. I was with the Dual Drives this week at Havasu. Got to talk to ya a little bit before and after you went for a ride in the Dual Drive Boats. Your reaction was like mine the first time I went for a ride in the Ultra. So I put one in my boat. My boat was next to the Ultra, white with orange and yellow stripes. Wish we had a little more time would like to have given ya ride in mine. Its faster than the Ultra & the Howard you would have really loved it!!! I have had mine installed for about 6 weeks now and love it. Best thing I have ever done to my boat. Go to Parker & Havasu a lot so if you see us there stop and say hey. I will be the one with the big ass rooster tale. If you have any questions about it dont hesitate to E-mail me and ask. As soon as I get my scanner fixed I will post some pics. Glad you enjoyed your ride talk to ya soon.
    Dave

SuperWrench0166
    give us some specs on what you are running i am looking at a 1200 hp engine and wondering how much impeller it will handle with that much hp.

RandyH
    What happens if you cross Rooster Streams, I am afraid to ask.
    Egon: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
    Venkman: What?
    Egon: Don't cross the streams.
    Venkman: Why?
    Egon: It would be bad.
    Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing. Whattya mean "bad?"
    Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Ray: Total protonic reversal....
    Venkman: Right, that's bad...OK.. important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
    I cant wait to see pictures of the Roost.
    Randy

Froggystyle
    The roost actually wasn't all that much bigger than mine. The two streams join quickly into one, as they are only a foot or so apart when exiting.
    Thanks again for the ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast