Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any bathroom remodelers pro's here?

Ziggy
    Floor heating is da bomb..I was in a ice cold bathroom in Europe that had floor heating and it was the best thing since sliced bread.....
    Now that I think about it, here's a guy in Vegas who is cold? wtf?

YeLLowBoaT
    Nutone makes a combo vent/ heater/ light deal... I've installed maybe 25 of them... for a small bathroom ( say 80 ish sqft) it takes only about 2 mins to get them hot. They do require thier own breaker, and wiring them is a little bit of work ( as you need 7 wires) not really hard, if you fallow then instructions... They can not be placed in the shower. They are also not very loud.
    link (http://www.nutone.com/product-detail...roductID=10217)

77charger
    I have seen the kind that are under all the tile ones that heat the floor only a couple of times and according to the contractors they work well alot of tubing under the floor though probaly been about 5 years since i have seen that kind of set up.How about a steam set up in the shower area?
    I only see about 5 showers a day since i waterproof them for the last 13 years.

YeLLowBoaT
    If its not enclosed a steam shower really won't do much.

OutCole'd
    Better to put a door on it. And frankly I am insulted you didn't call.
    You can use the radiant heat wiring behind the walls and floor, but it will take a while to heat up all that mass to make the room warm. It can be set up with a timer, so it will come on every morning at 6:00 am to 7:00 am if that's what you want, then it would be toasty when you finally got your lazy ass out of bed.
    A heat lamp will cook the top of your head. I'd place it outside of the shower, but near it. Plus splashing water on that smoking hot bulb might produce some bad results...
    Just having an electric wall furnace could do the trick, mounted anywhere in the bath. if you have a exhaust/vent fan above the shower, it will draw in the warmer (heated) make-up air. The unit could have a fan or not. Newer style units aren't as ugly as those old chrome things. Of course you would want billet aluminum.....:idea:
    I have used those snailshell type showers with no door, and they are too cold for me. Whatever part of you isn't it the water stream gets cold.
    I didn't call you because I'm still not over the CD mix you gave me.
    Radiant seems like a great way to go for the whole bathroom, although my main concern is just realy the shower area.
    We have no extra heat in there now and it's never been a big deal. Just with a new shower, I thought adding this would be nice.
    I know the heat lamp is hot, but it's a 9' ceiling, and I'm 6' tall. That's a 3' gap. I was hoping to add a rheostat or a lower wattage bulb if it gets too hot. Also, I don't see water splashing that high, it does not splash the ceiling now.
    The electric furnace is out, I've looked at them online and not an easy way to work that into the design.
    Plus, it is Vegas, I would use a heater for about two months out of the year.
    Forget the french fry heaters.
    You want radiant floor heating from these guys:
    http://www.suntouch.com/
    Easy to install and it goes under the tile prior to installing the tile- yes even under the shower tile. It uses very low energy. Not only does the floor get warm but it keeps the whole room warm as well. We it put in our Master bath when we remodeled and it is the best thing ever. The wall thermostat is programmable. We set ours on 88 in the winter and the floor is toasty warm.
    Any idea of cost for the materials for something like this? It's a decent size bathroom, about 12' x 10'.
    Like I said above, I'm not too concerned about heating the whole bathroom, mainly the shower area. Right now, when it gets cold, like it is now, you're freezing in the shower except where the water is hitting you. With a heat lamp, it will hit the air and warm up the entire area, not just the floor.

Sigus
    Are any of you guys in the business of design and remodel? I have two baths that could really use a face lift in Anaheim. Or can you suggest a someone?
    Maybe I should start this in another thread.

haulina29
    I use radiant in all my projects showers and tile floors and it is awsome...

Mandelon
    You're 6 feet tall? Oops, my bad. I thought this was a post by Billy.

2Driver
    IAny idea of cost for the materials for something like this? It's a decent size bathroom, about 12' x 10'.
    Like I said above, I'm not too concerned about heating the whole bathroom, mainly the shower area. Right now, when it gets cold, like it is now, you're freezing in the shower except where the water is hitting you. With a heat lamp, it will hit the air and warm up the entire area, not just the floor.
    We had a big master as well. I think it was about $750 for the whole thing. Call them. You can send them your floor plan and they will lay it out and give you the correct amount to order.

OutCole'd
    You're 6 feet tall? Oops, my bad. I thought this was a post by Billy.

We had a big master as well. I think it was about $750 for the whole thing. Call them. You can send them your floor plan and they will lay it out and give you the correct amount to order.
    OK, Thanks, I'll do that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast