Thread: Anybody running a blown small block Chevy?

Possibly looking to supercharge my small block Chevy in my 16ft Tahiti. I'm looking to stay user friendly, no racing, just some extra umph. What would I need to do, to the block, before installing blower? What kind/brand blower?

adjones419
    Where in Illinois are you located?

I'm in Sugar Grove, near Aurora.

84 cougar
    Possibly looking to supercharge my small block Chevy in my 16ft Tahiti. I'm looking to stay user friendly, no racing, just some extra umph. What would I need to do, to the block, before installing blower? What kind/brand blower?
    My old man has silverwing tunnel for sale w/ a twin turbo small block. He may be splitting the package, selling the motor seperate. Turbos have almost all the same qualities of blower, without the noise and tickets. I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I thought I would mention it anyway. He is in Minnesota. Good Luck

mondorally
    Here is a pic of two blown small blocks built by Paul Pfaff- Chevy Bowtie blocks (406 cubic inch) , Edelbrock aluminum heads, 6/71's. 750hp each. Sorry I don't have more details.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...chiada_002.jpg

Blown3-d
    I was told once that your crank needed to be set up for a bbc balancer
    because the stock cranks tend to snap the end off. I only know of one persons that did this so Im not sure so ask your machine shop. When you find out please let me know. Thank you G Riggins