Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ya ever loose a great neighbor? They are rare.

Trailer Park Casanova
    About $7200 a month was my neighbor Craigs monthly nut to keep his home.
    He just couldn't make it anymore, and it closed escrow this week, Craig taking a $42.000 loss on the transaction.
    The new owner moving in has a pissy arrogant short mans complex.
    Craig was great. A party every nite, an endless stream of great friends would rotate through each week. He was always there to help with some crazy project I was in.
    We lobstered off channel islands, rode quads & M/C's,, he'd join us with his gf at the river and the trip took on 1000% more fun,,, he watched our home, mow'd the lawns n fed the cat when the wife and I took a hot lap around the USA in our RV,,
    Ever loose a great neighbor?

JetBoatRich
    "Great Neighbors" are rare, sounds like you had a good one Ross

ratso
    My neighbors wish I would move... party every weekend...

FOXMAN
    My neighbors wish I would move... party every weekend...
    So do mine.. They are my ex-inlaws

ratso
    So do mine.. They are my ex-inlaws
    Oh man I could have so much fun in a situation like that!

photo chick
    Oh man I could have so much fun in a situation like that!
    That would be called a compound in your case.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    We had a great one also. They cashed out their ranch next to us and moved to Texas about 2 years ago. I never minded so much when Jeff left to Mexico or the desert because I knew that Chris was next door if I needed anything. He was a former Army MP. He helped Jeff take care of those loose fighting dogs that tried to eat me through my dining room window at 10pm on a rainy night. Actually, he took care of the dogs. He helped Jeff hang doors and Jeff helped him cut up the Eucalyptus that fell in his front yard, and kill a skunk cornered under a culvert. We took care of each others animals when we went on vacations. We brought back gifts for each other from our vacations.
    The new owner is a 65 year old pushy divorcee.

Flyinbowtie
    The neighbor I have had next door for 25 years or so is a glorious vacant 4.5 acres. I had a shot at it back when it was so cheap it was crazy, and we didn't have two nickels to rub together. Hook it to the 11.5 we have now and I would be a happy boy.
    An "investor" from down the hill has it now, and after really doing a nice job cleaining up the old pond etc, he is selling it. He wants a dumptruck load of money for it.
    Frankly, I hope it doesn't sell until I win the lottery.

moneypit
    About $7200 a month was my neighbor Craigs monthly nut to keep his home.
    He just couldn't make it anymore, and it closed escrow this week, Craig taking a $42.000 loss on the transaction.
    The new owner moving in has a pissy arrogant short mans complex.
    Craig was great. A party every nite, an endless stream of great friends would rotate through each week. He was always there to help with some crazy project I was in.
    We lobstered off channel islands, rode quads & M/C's,, he'd join us with his gf at the river and the trip took on 1000% more fun,,, he watched our home, mow'd the lawns n fed the cat when the wife and I took a hot lap around the USA in our RV,,
    Well sell your home and move to the Silverthorne track. All my neighbors run in their house. My closest neighbor is a nosey, oppinionated focker that says he's been there done that and everything about everything.
    I had good neighbors at my last two homes. It does suck to lose em....

2Driver
    How did he get loose?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast