Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paging Wazoo 19' Daytona bottom question

Wazoo, we are trying to compare the outboard daytonas to the jet daytonas to see if there is any difference. I personally dont think there is a difference but if there is I think its something we should all be aware of.
    Can you get a measurement of the center sponson for me? Need to know the width of the center sponson at the transom. We need to know the width of the narrow portion from notch to notch or relief to relief. It should measure close to 13".
    So far we have compared a jet to an outboard and have found them to be different but Im uncertain about one of the boats, it may have been modified in the past in that area, the other has had zero mods and is straight out of the current Eliminator mold. The difference was almost 1/4" on the 2 boats
    Thanks for any help.
    Chris.

Wazoo
    I'm positive my hull has not been altered at all.Mine measures exactly 13inches with a 3/4 relief on each side of the pod. I have talked to Eliminator about this and they said it is the exact same hull. The only difference being some outboards they built had a raised center pod. They also said the floor thickness where the pump mounts might be thinner on some outboard hulls. They said they like it a 1/2 inch thick on jets. Mines a outboard hull and it happens to be a 1/2 inch. Guess I got lucky!!! There's also the thicker transom. But that has nothing to do with the hull itself.

Thanks your is the same as mine (well within 1/16") and mine was built to be a jet. I guess that answers my question. I took a quick measurement on my center sponson angle in relation to the outer sponsons, and the center sponson is on a .5 degree angle in relation to the outer sponsons. My hull is very straight so i was able to use a short digital protractor to check that. If you have the tools maybe you could check yours.
    Thanks for the reply.

Wazoo
    Does yours have a flat keel? What intake and jet are you running? 1 more thing. Have you ever weighed it bare?
    I will check those angles today and get back with you. Thanks, Shane

BTW My 21 daytona is also a shade over 13" and does not have a flat keel .

Does yours have a flat keel? What intake and jet are you running? 1 more thing. Have you ever weighed it bare?
    I will check those angles today and get back with you. Thanks, Shane
    Shane, Round Jeff B. drop keel, custom low profile intake that I made, jet is a combination of Dom, Berk, AMT.

If anyone with a TPR, Cheyenne, Ultra, Eliminator etc. want to add their measurements to this please do.
    Thanks

I forgot to add mine was "born" an I/O acording to Tom(JBP) It just had a clip on when I bought it.

HavasuDreamin'
    I have a 1981 19' Eliminator Daytona with the same measurements....13" with 3/4" relief on each side. I have confirmed with Eliminator that it was built for an outboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast