Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I did it...

YeLLowBoaT
    I'd much rather see them have DL checks every once in awhile... no DL, you lose the car and get arrested...if your illegal.... deported.
    of corse this is assuming that we actually do something to secure our boarders...

Baja Big Dog
    I keep pressing #2 for Spanish...cant seem to get it!!!

Phat Matt
    How about we organize a march and throw a big net over every who shows up.

bonechip
    I think we should tell mex that they will belong to us as of such and such of date. I mean think about, all that beautiful shoreline, All kinds of new lakes and rivers to go to or buy land along those shores. I mean think about they still cant get it right, So why not, Just tell them you belong to us bitches.

Cheap Thrills
    "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his
    image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the
    wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation, and he shall be
    tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb."
    Revelation 14:9,10.
    "And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both
    speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed ... And that
    no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Revelation 13:15,17.
    One Step Closer (http://www.verichipcorp.com/)click
    I hate to go all apocalyptic on it but I have some really strong feelings where universal IDs are concerned.
    I'm finished , carry on...
    T.

Froggystyle
    You guys bring up great points, most of which I agree with. I would like to address the big ones one at a time...
    "Don't like bigger government" I agree, but only kind of. I don't like bigger government for welfare, social programs, taxation, subsidies etc... I like the idea of using the goverment to enforce existing laws, and giving them the tools to do it with. I am firmly in favor of the Patriot Act, as I am neither a terrorist nor a lawbreaker at any real level. I would prefer if people who were either were easier to catch and prosecute.
    "Don't want to give them that much information" They already have it. Trust me. And a lot more. This would give the boots on the ground solid intel as to where perps were exactly at a given time. I would happily do away with thousands of welfare-based programs to put more prosecuting cops on the beat. Credit cards do get stolen, but people are going to jail for that more often than not. Either way, it doesn't really effect us anymore because we are protected by our card companies pretty aggressively now.
    "National ID" Not really. Still a state ID. In order to get a drivers license you need to pass the test, prove who you are, fingerprint, show insurance and and show residency. These are the keys to this plan. If you have all of that stuff, I have no problem with you driving or buying gas. If you don't, this will remove the fuel and get the problem off the road.
    "I'll swipe your card for $5" How? If you are paying by cash, you need to show your ID to the clerk and have it be valid. Treat it exactly the same way we treat cigarrettes, alcohol etc... Except that it would also be electronically verified. If you are paying with a credit card, the ID has to match the credit card. It has to anyway to use one in person... this would take your credit card security level up much, much higher... at least where gas is concerned.
    "Achmed backdooring to illegals" There is these things called "audits" and if you are going through more fuel than you are claiming, that is called tax evasion and you can go to jail for it. If you are highlighted by an audit and investigated and shown to be backdooring fuel, you go to jail under a new plan that would be essentially as bad as selling alcohol or cigarrettes to a minor.
    "Make it easier to ration" Good! If we need to ration, it should be easy and non-sidesteppable. Our government isn't going to ration unless it needs to because of an emergency. I would prefer if that process was easy, clear and fair.
    "We can find them now, we just don't do anything about it" I don't believe this is true. While it may seem obvious that someone is illegal, you need to pull them over to find out for sure, or have them commit a crime and get caught. You can't just go up to someone and as mentioned, say "Papers Please" in America. If you do, you have to do it to everyone, and I am certainly not down with that.
    This is merely a matter of regulating the purchase of fuel, just like the aforementioned alcohol or tobacco. If you think about it, there is ZERO reason we shouldn't be doing it. You have to prove you are 18 to buy spray paint. You have to prove you are 18 to buy a lottery ticket... you should have to prove you have a license to buy fuel. As mentioned, this sidesteps profiling, because it removes a fundamental need... fuel.
    Implemented, we would burn less of it as a result, reducing the price of gas probably quite a bit.
    With the hospital aspect, it seems obvious to me that if you go in for any type of service, be it health care or dinner and don't have a means to pay for it you have committed a crime. If you can't pay, you need to set up a plan where you will have to. If you refuse to, you go to jail for it... that is how it works. Our insurance would cost less, and you wouldn't see the benefit of "free" medical for people without the means to pay for it.
    I am not so draconian as to think you shouldn't provide emergency care, but why should we pay for it? If you need to do the equivalent of "doing the dishes to pay for your dinner"... so be it. If you can't pay, I am a big fan of debtors prisons. Do some road work, build a border fence ( ) clean up roadways, fight fires etc... There is no repercussion right now, and there needs to be. If you are illegal and get caught doing this... you get deported as soon as you are stabilized, but put in a secure wing first.
    I noticed nobody seems to have an issue with getting rid of "anchor babies". Why do we still have that policy?
    I am not going to get into my solution for the actual naturalization of the workforce just yet, but this would be the leverage to do it with. Become legal, or get stopped in your tracks. Regulate the fundamental needs, and you regulate the problem.

SHOTKALLIN
    There are lots of great ideas on how to solve the problem. I still think the first step has to be secure the border.

On the surface they are great idea's, but as stated before what about tourists's trying to buy fuel? A temp. fuel card? Most likely if it's a temp. card it would be too easy to duplicate.
    The best day of my job was the day Mexican-Americans boycotted the US. There was much less traffic. Why aren't they called American-Mexicans?
    I say instead of kicking the illegals out keep them in - to build jails and to build better "fences" on our borders, that way we can house, feed, and give them all the free medical care we can.

Big Warlock
    I think you need to have ol Rob give you a lesson in Macroeconomics. That is once he learns how to spell it. No offense intended there Rob :notam:
    LOL none taken!! My spelling sucks as much as anyone's on here!!

Big Warlock
    I always want "Macro" and "Micro" to be verbs and not part of the actual word. Who knows why?? My bad!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast