Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Fosset,they find him?

photo chick
    if hes up in the mountains he won't be found till summer but if he just went A/WALL(with his money it would be easy) maybe never:idea:
    The article mentioned he did not withdrawl any money prior or after his disappearance, guess the wife could be involved but why? The life he lead seemed pretty awesome, can't imagine wanting to leave it.

new2cats
    Classic case of Alien abduction...someday, he will come walking off the Mothership with a dazed smile on his face and an amazing story to tell:idea:

riverroyal
    X,this place has been messed up

Ryphraph
    In the search for Fossett, many other lost planes were found. It is much harder searching hundreds of square miles of desert than it sounds.
    His plane may never be found.
    Ryph

I've heard there are hundreds of planes out there somewhere never found.

DaveA
    Some of the current speculation in the aviation community is that most of the evidence (lack of ELT signals from either his personal locator or the Citabria's built in unit) leads many to believe he's at the bottom of one of the many lakes in the region. Some friends said he had been known to 'ski' the wheels on a lake in the past...in what kind of airplane, I haven't heard. But when the water's glassy and smooth, and the temptation to do it is then very high, one can lose depth perception...and it only takes a split second for the balance to be upset and in you go.
    There were several guys I knew around Wichita that liked to do it on Lake Cheney out west of town. It was dangerous because of the winds that could whip across the lake at times, but nevertheless it was done.
    Some do it as part of a larger performance- here's video of the Flying Lions out of South Africa doing it in North American T-6's in formation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkKP_fDsKc

Sleeper CP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA;2947238Some do it as part of a larger performance- here's video of the Flying Lions out of South Africa doing it in North American T-6's in formation:
    [url
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkKP_fDsKc[/url]
    That is just too coooooooool and that does take some really, really ,really,
    really,really big balls.
    Thanks for the post.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

maxwedge
    That is just too coooooooool and that does take some really, really ,really,
    really,really big balls.
    Thanks for the post.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    I think that falls into the catagory of; "Some of the best flying I've seen yet...right up to the point where you got killed":idea:

RitcheyRch
    Awesome video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast