Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Insurance company won't total car...what to do.

redneckcharlie
    Damn,I have been with Allstate forever and when I make a claim they don't flinch,they just pay up. We had a flood in our home last year and the same thing. I guess i'm the exception here guys
    Its not a hard and fast rule. My dealings with Allstate were in the past, and I'm sure there are many people who don't have problems dealing with them. I could be wrong, but I think Allstate has lost a few very, very large court cases dealing with customer service in the last few years. Litigation is often a major wake up call for companies to knock their xxit off and do business properly and ethically.

Kachina26
    I'm curious. How many cars have you written estimates for, or done collision repairs on? I've repaired hundreds of cars, and I replaced air bags routinely. Air bags are not that big of a deal.
    Thank you!

buddude8
    Sue the other insurance company for diminished value of the vehicle. My wifes z4 was hit by a semi last year, caused 16,000 dollars in damge. Same thing the insurance company would not total it and had the repairs made. She felt the same also didnt want to drive a repaired car and wanted to sell it and get a new one. Your case is a easy one to win. You cant legally sell your car as being in great condition and will have to admit to any repairs that were made. Thus the value of your new car was diminished from what it was prior the the accident. The downside of these kind of suits is that a lawyer will typically take 50% of your winnings. In our case the diminished value report was 10,000. I went after the insurance company myself and ended up getting 7,500 from them.

pw_Tony
    There's only a few insurance companies I won't, or just don't prefer doing independent estimates for. Progressive, Geico, Allstate, Farmers, and AAA. Some have their own appraisers here now, but still wouldn't go with them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345