Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question here guys

Instigators
    Question is about Loader and intake. My intake in not threw bolted just threaded to hold on the loader. Now I know threw bolting is better, however the way my motor sits I can't threw bolt it because of the oil pan being to close to the top of the intake. I am currently running 72mph and have never had a problem with anything coming apart on me. Now that I am putting a Nitrous Kit on her, I feel more HP could raise some concerns. More Horse Power, more water being jammed in the pump, means there could be a problem. Should I be worried, should I just leave it the way it is, or should I pull everything apart and reset the whole damn setup????? By the way it will only be a 100 shot of Nos, creeping up on the backside of 80mph. Thanks in advance.
    OverKill
    No need to worry. :idea: It will never overcome the treadmill to get on plane. :jawdrop: If it does, it will only spin out in the reeds.
    Just kiddin ya man. Do it right and thru bolt it. That way you will never be at risk .

Some Kind Of Monster
    Put some JB weld on there and call it a day..
    In case you didn't figure it out, I'm just kiddin...

widowmaker
    If you are running a rail kit I would shim it. If not, switch over to a rail kit and shim it.
    With the increase in power though, I'd be just as concerned about your driveline. I think the 1310 driveline is good to about 500 hp, sounds like you're going to exceed that either now or later(cuz a little hp always leads to a little more) After that you want a 1350 series.
    When I had my 1350 driveline made(ocdriveline), they made it as short as possible with what parts they were able to find in their catalogs. This necessitated moving my engine forward 2 inches(1350 series was longer than the original 1310 set up) where my intake bolts (through hull pieces) needed Jam nuts on the top side to give me enough clearance. I shimmed too just for peace of mind)Fortunately this didn't cause a problem on my interior as I was able to open up the seat base for the back seat and allow my direct drive alternator to slide through.
    All good points, but not to start a debate about the driveline thing, but don't worry about the drive line, that 1310 can take lots of power. well over 500hp. Call around to a few places like some of the jet boat places in so cal. Remember most stuff breaks when you shock load it. Like dumping the clutch at 8000rpm in a race car.
    Lots of guys running a 1310 at the drags with no problems. Spend your money elsewhere like a rail kit.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Didnt Phil Bergeron know the answer to this question:idea: I thought he knew EVERYTHING :idea::idea:

Squirtin Thunder
    Question is about Loader and intake. My intake in not threw bolted just threaded to hold on the loader. Now I know threw bolting is better, however the way my motor sits I can't threw bolt it because of the oil pan being to close to the top of the intake. I am currently running 72mph and have never had a problem with anything coming apart on me. Now that I am putting a Nitrous Kit on her, I feel more HP could raise some concerns. More Horse Power, more water being jammed in the pump, means there could be a problem. Should I be worried, should I just leave it the way it is, or should I pull everything apart and reset the whole damn setup????? By the way it will only be a 100 shot of Nos, creeping up on the backside of 80mph. Thanks in advance.
    OverKill
    What I would do in this case would be grind down the 4 bumps on the intake just enough to let you put a washer and nut. Make sure you have at least 3/8ths" of clearance and as flat/square as possible.

You should be able to get nuts on 2 of the 4 holes, if that is the case that will be fine.

Jetaholic
    You should be able to get nuts on 2 of the 4 holes...
    Why shouldn't he be able to get nuts on all 4 of the holes?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    You should be able to get nuts on 2 of the 4 holes, if that is the case that will be fine.
    Why not put all 4 on???? WHy half ass it?????

Jetaholic
    Why not put all 4 on???? WHy half ass it?????
    Exactly my point!!! Why no nut on all 4 holes?
    Surprisingly a "spitter" caught onto that

Heatseeker
    All good points, but not to start a debate about the driveline thing, but don't worry about the drive line, that 1310 can take lots of power. well over 500hp. Call around to a few places like some of the jet boat places in so cal. Remember most stuff breaks when you shock load it. Like dumping the clutch at 8000rpm in a race car.
    Lots of guys running a 1310 at the drags with no problems. Spend your money elsewhere like a rail kit.
    I think you are right about that. I haven't had a 1310 driveline failure yet. Been running in the neighborhood of 800 HP through mine for several seasons now.
    The original post brings a thought to mind. A 100 HP shot of nitrous is not that drastic, especially in a jet. The loader issue issue needs to be dealt with, but the little bit of extra power will have little effect on the problem IMO. Regardless, through bolting/lock nutting the loader is a must.
    When I added a 100 shot to my first jet it picked up 3-5 MPH. The difference was barely perceptible on acceleration, but was easily felt when I shut the NOS off while still at full throttle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast