Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HB mag today

76 Bonneville
    In the editers notes, it sounds like its turning into ***boat LITE, less girls but more tastefully done. Thats what happens when a chick takes over. We'll probably see topless guys and chicks in sweats. A page for jets and v drives in the back. I have a collection of Hot Boat mags. from 1986, and currently have 2 subs., 1 for home and 1 for work, could all be coming to an end. Just like Powerboat abandoned us in the early 90's. Looks like history is repeating itself.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I was going to subscribe but I dont want to look at all them boats that are 1/2 the price of a house:yuk: Why dont they get thier heads out of thier asses???? Jets and flatties started "***boat" How can they forget thier roots I like big boats and those ads bring $$$ BUT so do jets and flatties. Just not as much

[QUOTE=76 Bonneville;2948889]In the editers notes, it sounds like its turning into ***boat LITE, less girls but more tastefully done. Thats what happens when a chick takes over.
    Are you sure you didnt mean Cosmoboatin

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hot Boat has a magazine???
    I knew that was comming : D

jet4fun
    they need to hire "Cyclone" back. whos with me ! CYCLONE ! CYCLONE!
    gnaw, he can bearlee spel

TIMINATOR
    Jet tech will be back, the current issues submission was lost by e-mail, other small boat and engine articles will be back too, there is much confusion with having a lot less staff people, they are doing the best they can. Give it a few months. E-mail me with requests for articles. I also don't have time to be on here much, so e-mail or phone calls are everyones best bet to reach me. It will get better! TIMINATOR

bp
    i think i counted 3 boats under 24' in the entire magazine.
    read the editors notes section....she mentions something about getting flack for not running a flatties section in last months issue...and saying they need content. I think that applies to us jetters too....
    so ...unless we submit content, its not gunna satisfy us
    goad, i think you might want to re-read that young ladies editorial. the editor stated: "we received a lot of hype about not running the flatbottom section, and here's my explanation; we only want to run [I]quality boats in this magazine. if we don't we won't. So if you have a [I]high quality flatbottom drop me a line....".
    first, it was never a "flatbottom" section (and this is the "managing editor").
    second, what is her definition of a "quality" boat? must be >30', cost >150k?
    third, where's an article about the world finals? the parker marathon? perhaps the new regime doesn't consider those "hot boats"? or "quality" boats? or events worth mentioning? maybe the name should be changed to "pokerboat"???
    as long as i've hung on to the subscription, this is a new low, in that there is nothing in this magazine of any interest to me. i could get tons more info browsing a summit catalog. HotRod is more in tune with my boating interest than this.
    congrats to v-drivevideo for all those nice shots of boats floating

GAWnCA
    i think i counted 3 boats under 24' in the entire magazine.
    read the editors notes section....she mentions something about getting flack for not running a flatties section in last months issue...and saying they need content. I think that applies to us jetters too....
    so ...unless we submit content, its not gunna satisfy us
    There's the problem. SHE only thinks a boat is one that costs several hundred thousand dollars and worth the coverage. They/SHE always has content for these boats.

Goad
    goad, i think you might want to re-read that young ladies editorial. the editor stated: "we received a lot of hype about not running the flatbottom section, and here's my explanation; we only want to run [I]quality boats in this magazine. if we don't we won't. So if you have a [I]high quality flatbottom drop me a line....".
    first, it was never a "flatbottom" section (and this is the "managing editor").
    second, what is her definition of a "quality" boat? must be >30', cost >150k?
    third, where's an article about the world finals? the parker marathon? perhaps the new regime doesn't consider those "hot boats"? or "quality" boats? or events worth mentioning? maybe the name should be changed to "pokerboat"???
    as long as i've hung on to the subscription, this is a new low, in that there is nothing in this magazine of any interest to me. i could get tons more info browsing a summit catalog. HotRod is more in tune with my boating interest than this.
    congrats to v-drivevideo for all those nice shots of boats floating
    I was just trying to get people to do something about it rather then bitch.....trust me, i agree with you.....they rather cover $150k+ boats floating in a cove doing an event that doesnt require any talent.
    we did 2 historical events lately (ran circles with the njba and first apba compjet race in 20+ years) and they are blind to it....not to mention all the events you referred to.
    they might as well put the sandbar drama into print too
    ive read some hints of rumors of someone starting up a more 'grass roots' driven mag....to who ever you are, you have my support 100%, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am all about giving the people what they want.
    but i must say the quality of the mag (not content) is much nicer...i could tell the second i pulled it from the mailbox......hopefully they will turn it around and get the content back on track as timinator said.

bp
    not bitching so much as disappointed. i agree that the wider pages and "quality" of the print are a marginal improvement, but who thought the previous editions were deficient in that area. compared to my '80s copies, yes, improvement in that area is significant. but the '80s issues actually included articles of interest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast